Bugs and Improvements

I also complained about the blinking notification using unnecessary CPU when I first realised it was happening, but it turns out that all the game is doing is setting a “blink” style on the relevant UI element. So it’s the web browser that is then doing the blinking inefficiently, and there is not much anyone can do about that.

If it really bothers you, you can use a browser plugin such as Stylus to disable that particular CSS style, then the notification bar won’t blink any more.

I tried Chromium today and CPU load is still higher when any bar is blinking, but not 100% like with FF.
Just about 40%, which at least keeps the fan speed under control :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Bug: Ever since I turned off the ingame notification for ships arriving, I’ve been unable to turn it back on. The notifications do not happen even if the option is clearly set to “enabled” on ship arriving.

1. I have not found the bu reporting chat room yet so here goes:

2. [9:53 PM]

I found a big issue in the UI and it caused me to just loose at least 30 AL: 1) I have 4 PP2’s that all are producing. 2) I have one item on the que that does not have all the materials. 3) I add another item that does have full materials list. 4) press up arron on new item – no responce 5) press up arrow again – no reponce 6) press down arrow on 1st item in que and my new item SUPPLANTS one of the item in the production. The item being worked inventory is GONE and the results of that production are gone. I have seen this occur several times and I was able to reproduce it just now. At least 30 AL gone.

And I thought it was my buggered fingers to blame. It hit me too

The plant buildings are also ordered differently for most planets. Likely due to them being listed in the order of creations. Use an ORDER by clause in the SQL statement

I couldn’t reproduce that behavior, but I’ll keep trying!

I think I finally have an idea where that production order movement bug is coming from!

1 Like

The bug is still active on my account right now, so you could take a look there if you want.

Latly i find that for some materials in some CX that are not masivly traded price bands decresead to ridiculus prices making trading practicly imposible (due bands forces prices bellow costs of production).

Like The current price band for SUN.IC1 (30.00 ICA ▲) is “3.00 / 75.00 ICA”.

I assume this is some kind of bug or bad assumption in script running price bands, pls look in this mechanics.

Since the price band adjusts according to trading that takes place, it’s possible that two players were exchanging inventory at odd prices, which caused the price band to move like that.

After some more sensible trades take place, the price band will shift back again.

The problem is these “sensible” trades require PRO players to re-make the market (since they can ignore price banding).

I’m unsure of how exactly this price banding is calculated. It just says “average of the last trades”. I would hope it calculates with VWAP (volume weighted average), rather than just last_price. Using volume weights prevents price manipulation (by trading 1 unit at silly prices to “print” the chart).

It might also be worth the time of having a manual weighting as well for the range price bands can operate in. Maybe assigning a 50% weight to the range an item “should” be, so that the price bands don’t artificially get narrower than they should be on these very illiquid markets. There are a few ways to implement a system like this which don’t impact the free market at all.

I demolished two STOs in one of my bases two weeks ago, but the size of base inventory wasn’t reduced.

Bug report:

A day or so ago I assigned a second base permit to the one and only base I have.

Today, the BS screen has these problems:

1. It shows I only have 1 permit assigned (should show 2).
  2. It does not allow me to unassign my second permit even though I have less than 500 units of area used. (Presumably this is due to problem #1).
  3. It incorrectly reports by used area on the base as 25 when it is actually 424.

Screenshots:

BS screen
Note 1 permit assigned, yet 750 area available, and (incorrect) used area of 25
Screenshot from 2022-07-29 15-31-51

HQ screen
Note it correctly says I have used 2 base permits
Screenshot from 2022-07-29 15-37-44

BS VH-331a
Note it reports the correct used area of 424, contradicting the BS screen
Screenshot from 2022-07-29 15-33-52

I think that is the same bug as was reported here, but it seems quite rare and difficult to reproduce:

Thanks for the report! It seems like a display issue only, but we’ll look into it!

My inventory is negative, while I have good numbers of inventory. A lot is produced in my base.
A week ago I had over 27K in inventory and not much has changed in type of goods in inventory, but I did repairs.
my base is BMP, COL, EXT, FRM, INC, PP1, SME
last week i did repairs on COL, BMP and INC that is when the inventory dropped negative.
I produced all prefabs in pp1. als most supplies where produced, I only bought LST and SIO and a little H to cover a shortage.

PRUn FINBS

It seems like the prefabs go into inventory at zero price because they are produced, but get taken out at a value.
If you need more details let me know.

ran into newbee limit of 1 image
here is the other screenshot for my negative inventory issue
PruUn Inventory base

A couple further notes about the BS screen issue (i.e., incorrectly showing 25 as the used area):

• It was not quite just a display-only issue as it was preventing me from unassigning a permit from Promitor so that I could use that permit to set up a second base.
  • However: I did find a workaround: the problem does not happen on the mobile interface! That is, the used area is correctly displayed in the BS command, and I was able to remove the permit.

Bug: I created a new ship 2 days ago and for some reason it has 10% ship condition. This ship has only made a single trip from Proxion->Griffonstone so its condition should still be over 99%.

I don’t know anything about shipbuilding, so this is just a wild guess, but did you add any shielding?