We Have Been Set Upon By Scoundrels

Alea iacta est

2 Likes

But if you outproduced you’d not be conforming to your zero sum view of online games. You would not be negatively effecting your opponents.
You’d actually likely positively effect them by overproduction, yes you would benefit more, that’s doubtless, but your perceived opponents would benefit slightly as well. This doesn’t align with how you have suggested you view the game.
Thus, you go for the zero sum control and reduction of output of the one good you felt you’d be able to control with the previously limited information you had.

There’s a lot of unfounded assumptions in your reply.

I don’t think I’ve ever been a proponent of zero-sum thinking within PrUn.

Once the cartel is beaten, we’ll be in a similar position as if we went down the route of over-production. We will still have all the colonies and the supply chain. The only real difference will be that a lot more people will now have CUO colonies and we’ll all have a much larger production capacity - and we’ll have the cartel scenario ticked off as tested.

In terms of reduction of output, some existing colonies may soon start paying production fees to CUOP. My own CUO colony on LH-786b has yet to pay any production fees. I have 3 EXT, and with the 5 queue slots I still have about 5 days remaining before I will pay any production fees. That is not a reduction in output.

Most players have 1, maybe 2 CUO EXTs. That means they’ll likely have 30-60 days of production orders that won’t pay any fees to CUOP. This is completely ignoring the fact that almost every CUO producer has a substantial stockpile of CUO already.

Regardless of how some people like to paint us, we are not unthinking troglodytes. Do you think we would pin our plans on the ability of 10 players to outnumber the rest of the server? That’s an impossible situation! There is no way for CUOP to hold the cartel beyond 2 months unless the opposition is severely under skilled - which you and I both know is not the case.

1 Like

So… Call it off now, and lets all celebrate? Why are you persisting?

…Qui totum vult totum perdit…

1 Like

Its true, greed doesn’t pay. http://read.gov/aesop/026.html

In applying it to CUOP, no part of its design was intended as being remotely profitable. We’ll make profit from our CUO based production chains after CUOP, but the actual operation itself will make no money.

Well you’ve lost my respect. For the couple CUO it was worth in this game.

If that is all it takes, then there was never any substance to it.

1 Like

I think you can tell by how quiet the PrUn has become as of late that there is some substance to it…

So, where are you guys that are set against COUP…how is that going…we have a list of the COUP, lets get a list of the Axis powers that are trying to cripple economic freedom…

McG

Germany, Italy, Japan?

2 Likes

I mean I get that you’re trying to paint the forces against you as the evil side as hyperbole. But the analogy doesn’t stand up at all:

CUOP indisputably struck first, as did the Axis powers.
CUOP planned this in advance, as Axis did.
CUOP are made up of a clear definable alliance, with some periphery supporters. As were the Axis. The movement against is much more a forced alliance of convenience with a broader aim of simply stopping the attack, as the Allies were.
CUOP believe in aggression serving their definition of a greater good, democracy isn’t relevant. Axis genuinely felt they were fully justified.
CUOP have a clear propaganda strategy (called propaganda by their own members), Axis are in many ways the key innovators of propaganda.
CUOP claim to be along side the new/small companies but are clearly harming them despite their messaging. Axis loved to appeal to the working class in propaganda but sold them out every turn.
CUOP have little care for the wider community, Axis really didn’t like the League of Nations.

Now, from this what lessons can we learn for the future…

1 Like

Oh man, if only geopolitics were really that simple.

I think mcgangsta stated that as a form of tongue in cheek humour. You seem to have taken that troll bait in one giant gulp.

1 Like

bob i’m a propaganda machine…
we aren’t the good guys
we aren’t the bad guys
cuop aren’t good guys
cuop aren’t bad guys

we are all just simply here

2 Likes

It was absolutely a joke…also a way to see just how wound up you are over this…this game…lol
I am officially taking a side in all of this, until now, I was just playing devils advocate because it really didnt matter to me one way or another

The question now is what side his side, your side, my side…we shall see

McG for President!

1 Like

… up side, down side, no side.
What resource you aiming for to block? TI? :joy:

Was that for me?
If so, not aiming to block or do anything, I just play my game…have fun, might make some money,if not oh well…I do me…take advantage of what is in front of me

But you said you are taking a side in all of this :cry:

1 Like

I am…I have made moves…doing my part

I just have not said what side…lol

McG

A joke which was positioning a clear view, intentional or unintentional. Jokes have meaning, i felt it fair to counter it with some historical analogy/context

1 Like