Release Notes - Prestige

grafik
They did mention the notification fix.
yes indeed a nice one!

1 Like

If faction reputation will also be used for new future mechanics do you have in PLANS to add the possibility of getting reputation points in a different way? In medium and large production, ships are very busy and getting points can be very important for development.

As an alternative, you could take a donation of resources to close a new level/step. You build a building (not necessarily) and donate resources there to level up. Each level/step gives you a reputation point. The cost can be very expensive so that people prefer to do shipping but there is an alternative.

Or building an “embassy” on a planet that consumes a lot of consumables (50-100 WD, RAT per day) in exchange for 0.5 reputation points per day per building. The player can build a maximum of 1 “embassy” on a planet (base).

I don’t think there should be a way of passively earning reputation points. It would give established players an easy way to outpace beginners. It’s nice to have an element of the game that doesn’t grow exponentially along with everything else.

4 Likes

First of all it’s not really passive since you have to buy/make materials and spend them on levels/steps (using HQ as an example), which will greatly reduce your liquidity. And the price can go up so ships contracts are always more profitable.

Secondly, they can be balanced. Let such an embassy takes 50 Area and requires 50 DW, RAT per day. Then you’ll think hard about what’s easier, sending ships or getting points passively (maybe even less ) and spending a noticeable portion of your capital.

Faction contracts are a great idea to keep young players and help them develop. But if in N updates reputation points will become part of other important mechanics I can’t imagine how players with medium and large industries will get them when they need to move thousands and tens of thousands of tons of cargo.

I do not expect a specific answer to such a question and that we will see these mechanics in the coming months. But I think it’s important to ask more questions out loud to voice potential weaknesses and encourage more people to give their opinions.

Also, the consumption of goods in exchange for reputation points can make the demand for some goods more obvious. Note that on the forum and in the game young players complain that they can not move to more complex or non conventional production because they do not see the volume of sales on CX and raw materials for production.

With buildings like this you can encourage young players to switch from DW, RAT production to high level consumables, electronics, chemistry. Then the transition is clearer and easier.

I would love to change my name; Fox Corp - Before I realised the significance of the word ‘Corp’ in this game. But I’m way too invested now to COLIQ.

1 Like

Is it meant to be the case that even if you request termination for a faction contract, the faction doesn’t also cancel it and you have to wait for the end of the time period?

Factions won’t accept the termination request. We will remove the button for faction contracts.

@lowstrife I think you are the official PU market consultant

2 Likes