Name Your Favorite Planets!

After hearing this idea from a current player, the team have decided that since there are so many planets, over 4000 in fact, more of them should have nicknames like “Montem,” “Vallis,” etc. Players that purchase Star Tier support packs or higher will still be able to name planets individually, but now we want to add a community event where we can vote on planet names. The first round will be simply commenting which unnamed planet you would like to see receive a name. Later we will hold a poll for the most popular planets and then start the naming process. Sound off in the comments below!

TL;DR Please comment WHICH PLANET you want to receive a name below

3 Likes

A temple planet, “Planeta Dei”, to honour @molp (may his code be free of bugs).

1 Like

Hortus-G!

Starting planet in Promitor’s system, not many players right now, but may become important in the future for players wanting bases near the main food-producing planet in the galaxy.

1 Like

ZV-896b (aka Harmonia) already widely called this. (Truthfully the planet that made me suggest this idea!)

6 Likes

BS-788c -the Neon planet: name Dawn or Twilight.

1 Like

I second ZV-896b. Harmonia joined her brothers in the frontier.

2 Likes

I have three suggestions:
YI-715b (Neo Charters’ fertile planet)
PG-899b (most fertile planet in the universe)
BS-788c (Hortus’ starter planet)

1 Like

BS-788c

and some text for the 20 limit

I also support the naming of ZV-896b has Harmonia

2 Likes

Harmonia ftw! It even works with Phobos and Deimos as another child of Ares/Mars!

2 Likes

thirded. We use the nickname in Antares region already

1 Like

I hate supporting bobe but I support this idea

3 Likes

+1 from an Harmonia Citizen!

2 Likes

This is when you know it’s a good idea, or possibly a completely terrible one…

I’ve got a few suggestions
YI-715b
QQ-001a & QQ-001b
QQ-645b
OT-442b

1 Like

+1 for ZV-896b Harmonia

1 Like

YI-715b but not “Neo Charters’ fertile planet”… this long name would most likely crash APEX…

YI-715b is definitly “Neo Promitor”

QQ-001 is already named. Please do not touch. It is the umbilicus of the universe.

I like Rain’s suggestion Harmonica!

2 Likes

I would be interested in seeing either of these get names:

XH-594b
QJ-149c

Wow thanks for all the participation and suggestions! I think we can safely say that ZV-896b has the popular vote and will be named Harmonia :slight_smile: Look for this change next week!

I did want to go ahead and proceed with an actual vote for some of the other planets that were mentioned. Please choose your favorite and suggest a name in the comments below:

• BS-788c
  • YI-715b
  • PG-899b
  • QQ-645b
  • OT-442b
  • XH-594b
  • QJ-149a

0 voters

2 Likes