Name THAT Planet: Round 2

Thanks for all the great comments and planet suggestions! Due to popular demand we decided to go ahead and bestow the name “Nike” upon ZV-194a. Congrats to all of Nike’s inhabitants out there!

We will go ahead and move forward with naming some of the others mentioned. Please vote for which planet you would like to receive a name!

• KI-448b
  • XH-594b
  • VH-331g
  • OS-099c
  • KC-765c
  • YK-649b
  • QQ-645b
  • PG-899b
  • OT-442b
  • QJ-149c

0 voters

3 Likes

When it comes time to settle QQ-645b, I think Mythril would be a good name for Moria’s source of aluminium.

1 Like

grafik

1 Like

I don’t think Nick plays…

I won’t make any name suggestions as that just seems unfair currently. But I know others found this useful last time:

KI-448b: HE3 ‘bootstrap’ planet just off ANT
XH-594b: FEO and HAL planet near MOR (but not far from BEN or HOR)
VH-331g: Hortus-G, starter planet SCR and MAG
OS-099c: BRM and AR ‘bootstrap’ planet, miles from anything
KC-765c: Highest MGS planet, miles from anything
YK-649b: SIO planet, near ANT
QQ-645b: ALO SEA planet, near MOR
PG-899b: Already named
OT-442b: Barely Fertile SCR and O planet, near MOR
QJ-149c: 3rd highest ALO planet, near ANT

Sorry I noted that it was already taken when I made the poll but then it didn’t post correctly which led me to making it again and did it in a rush. But to be clear, I am aware that PG-899b is named :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like KI-448b will be receiving a name! Before I make the final poll, are there any others suggestions for name for KI-448b other than Fusion and Hermes?

1 Like

Oliphant’s Cradle

• Post must be at least 20 characters

GC-032h should be named Fusion, as it’s the best HE3 planet. Hermes not only fits the nearby theme of greek gods, but they were -early- gods, and KI-448b is an -early- HE3 planet.

2 Likes

Since i first suggested the name Hermes on the Antare discord, i of course support it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hermes fits perfectly.

3 Likes

Hermes Gang +1!!!

3 Likes

Gotta back Hermes on this one. But this is coming from a guy with ships named Abeona and Adiona.

3 Likes

Oliphant was suggested by Hthegreat4

1 Like

It’s a pretty small gas giant, smaller then earth.

Energon

1 Like

I think Hermes works well.

2 Likes

Here is the final poll! Please select a name for KI-448b, good luck!

• Fusion
  • Hermes
  • Oliphant
  • Oliphant’s Cradle
  • Energon

0 voters

1 Like

Hermes it is! Thanks guys for all the participation :slight_smile: We’ll do it again next month!

oh i like this name, keep it for another!

While I’m honoured I’m named as the namer of Hermes, I actually can’t take credit.

Indeed I didn’t come up with it. I suspect Nick saw my updated post listing planets and suggestions as the highest mention of Hermes on this thread, but as Hobbe says, Hermes was somebody else’s idea.