Devlog - Sectors LG, IC and EZ

Currently this is a placeholder.
Asked out the other members and teams in the Kinza region to bundle devlogs for the region in one threat.

Initial talks and coordination in how to develope the region is happening in the UFO discord, in private chats, the planet channels but also using the ingame chat or forum.

1 Like

As the settling of the region is not the same as it would be at game reset, theoretical all ressources are already available. The limiting factor in the challange is the distance and still not available suitable ships.

So in a first step a waystation on XD-354b, a non faction planet, was created.
A new buildt warehouse in combination with a (new buildt) local market, thanks to the changes to the game a few weeks earlier, now allows any player to use the waystation to deliver or exchange goods or to simply refuel.

1 Like

27.10.2021 - Status for LG-418b (Kinza)

As of today the long established cooperation headquarter of mine got company.
We still lack the competition info screen as mentioned here, so it took some manual counting…

Currently 5 companies settled on LG-418b and generously donated a local market to enable shipping contracts (with no fee) from Kinza to all destinations and local trade and exchange.

1 Like

28.10.2021 - First pioneers and settlers on Kinza.

grafik

1 Like

01.11.2021 - Energy
While the world is talking about energy crisis I got word, that there is allmost 10.000 of FF available for the developement of sectors LG, IC and EZ.

They had been delivered to the waypoint (PLI XD-354b ) and from there can has beend distributed to Kinza (PLI - LG-418a) and can be used and exchanged for the settlement of the region.
There is quiete some trading activity on the Local markets of Kinza and the waypoint.

Talking about fuel we should also talk about Nova Unalaska (PLI EZ-476b).
This planet full of ressources has recently been settled. Rumors talk about a base with the purpose of producing Fuel had been established.

The 250 settlers (I know 247 are pioneers) will soon be joined by others as
bases in the sector providing the input for fuel production are in sight. Hands and workforce are lacking once the production is scaled high and higher.
grafik

With sector LG and EZ have started activity and production also sector IC as the connection between the two will come to some meaning and activity soon.

1 Like

05.11.2021 - Setbacks ?

Today while having a look to the forum I feelt it had to be those guys.
grafik

They are distributing name rights and thus have to know who will get them in future.
What a setback:
While Kinza and Nova Unalaska are growing and many companies work on making the LG, IC and EZ sector prosperious it shall all be already decided ?

Are those sectors to far away for competition? I mean sending my ship feels like that first car of my parents at hight speed. It feels fast but in reality its slow.
While I bring in another wave of Fabs I learned, that contributing to planetary infrastructure need a base. Its a small setback, as the Stabilized Technetium to produce Hardened Structural Elements for IC-162a was bought on a 4 CX tour.

I belive the things that seems to be setbacks are just points to motivate the struggle more.

Meanwhile the companies and players working on developing the region even work closer together. They have established an (google) sheet with all settled and to be settled planets.

@kerfy brought a lot of Fabs to Kinza as well, donated “by one of the guys”.
The population infrastructur of Kinza will be extendet by a safety station soon.
I myself have (asap as my ship arrives) enough material for another base on Kinza and a Warehouse + local market on IC-162a.
That central planet will be one of the next to be settled. Also XS-538c is on the “to be settled soon” list.

In nearby future rich sources of LST, SIO and N will be available through that.
A lot of work for the pioneers and other workforce in the sector. Wortking hard will need a coffee break from time to time.

Trading on the (mentioned above) 4 CX tour exchanged SCR and agri products from JS-299a on Antares versus PE, that with an offset was sold on Hortus. Together with long stuck products from those exchanges came enough Iodine to Mor and the XH-594 sector, that the next shippment the materials for Hydroponic Farms will go to Kinza. Reverting and processing of those materials will again involve other companies and players.

With Coffee on hand the developement of the sectors will only speed up.

I received words that at least the following companies are working on developing the sectors and have already settled or build there: The list will surely grow during the next weeks.

TACO,
KERF,
WAIT,
MFNC,
CRAP,
LASM,
HMS,
MML,
LGI

Is your company missing ? We have food, we have shelter, we need workforce and will be offering even luxury in close future ! So its your chance to contribute and profit!

While already a bit long the end of this entry should be spoken by numbers:

1 Like

11.11.2021 - We are to fast

Recent days had been full with growth and expansion plans.
Collaboration between the 3 groups settling that sector become even closer.
We have established a google sheet that is listing the participants and planets that are already settled.
One issue was that we did not know exactly who is involved and what is done. Talking and exchanging in the discord is an important part. The sheet tries to note those parts down and would be a good starting point for companies that are still interessted in expanding to the LG/IC/EC sector or around.
The sheet also contains a basic information about available buildings. But dont do the mistake I did. Mention of “RIG” dont give you the exact number. So I have learned that there is (at least) a company on Kinza, that is running the impressive number of 20 RIGs at the moment.

We have so many companies and factories on LG-418b, that this sign had been spotted.

(picture removed by admin for copyright violations)

It seems we are lacking the helping hand of more then 1.000 pioneers - just this week. -

grafik

What else happened this week:

• Operatiom aleutiania got more members involved and do good for developing Nova Unalaska
  • the-far-out-project settled LG-913e
  • LG-418c has been settled
  • Ships to settle EZ-476e are in transit and should arrive in a few days if not hours
  • Heavy use of the available Local Markets, ingame chat and Warehouses. PE, C, consumables,fuel and more has been traded. Trade missions from Nova to Kinza had been flewn.

There is discussion and talks about how and where to get some still missing materials from. Discussions involve planets outside the LG/IC/EZ sector. NH and FA had been mentioned but also IC-530a.
However those planets will provide ALO, HE3 and other material that is not or rarely available in the contest region. Also plans for establishing production of electronics could be heared. As soon as things are solid you will be informed !

And what is about the promissed Coffee ? In less then 48h the HSE to settle IC-162a is ready. At the same time the materials for HYF will be. All together will be in transit to LG-418b soon afterwards.

Overview of all relevant planets:
LG-418b

LG-418c

LG-913e

EZ-476b

1 Like

22.11.2021 - They are to slow

As someone said in the official prosperous universe discord: “The region is a bit of a mess, but all the teams work together despite having differing priorities”.
Thanks to the maker(s) of the freemap. Have a look at how far far away the region is:

And here again in more detail:

The encircled (kind of circle, I know) systems are ones which have already been settled.
With Kinza currently being the most developed planet, but also the one that is constantly lacking workforce.

Yes, there are still more than 1.000 open pioneer positions, and settlers are also in demand. In fact, even the second settled planet in System LG-418 is lacking pioneers. Maybe companies are stealing the workforce from each other? But also the other main planet of the region (Nova Unalaska) is lacking a combined (allmost) 100 pioneers and settlers of workforce.

Despite efficiency - due to lack of workforce - being down to 34% and below, the local markets of Kinza and Nova Unalaska are heavily used and full of products.
The Discord channels for Kinza and Nova Unalaska are used for cooperation and talks about prices, logistics, etc. There we’ve learned that some companies are starting to use the region to feed their inner core subsidies, and free up space on those bases in order to restructure (for more profit of course).

Since the last entry to the devlog, the following major events have occured:

GTU has planted even more bases in the region, and with @GoalieHoff we have one or maybe two shippers touring between Moria CX, Kinza and Nova Unalaska. The service is in need and asked for frequently.

Shippers have planned and are also willing to connect to the Hortus region using the newly settled planet LS-227g. That nice planet is a bit distant to the region, but could be the main source for HE3. There is a company planning to connect LS-227g with a base on Nova Unalaska dedicated to FF and SF production.

It will also function as a second waystation to the region (currently XD-354b is the waystation for the MOR region), so it may be receiving a warehouse and local market as well.

We got EZ-486e and XS-538c settled, both planets provide a good amount of Limestone, and could bring a price crash of that commodity. Limestone production on XS-538c is not even at full scale due to (again) a lack of available workforce.

With more bases established and bases expanded COFFEE production on Kinza has finally begun.
You could say that it’s almost 100% locally made. A Chemical plant is producing the NS that with Water and drinking water from Kinza is brewed into COF. *1

*1 Some buildings will be delayed until shortly before the next wave of workforce arrives. For the same reason the population infrastructure is delayed, despite the fact that the material is already available.
It makes no sense to subsidize and use resources for a workforce that has just not yet arrived.

With IC-162a, settled and accompanied by a local market and warehouse, there is not only Nitrogen (for NS production) and Silicon ore (for MCG and a planned glass factory on Kinza) available, but also the logistical center of the region is ready to open markets for everyone.

To sum it up, before the usual planet overview.

• More bases

• Bases expanded

• 4 more planets, 3 of them in the region, some of them with harsh conditions, newly settled

• Still a huge lack of workforce on Kinza, which is by far the “strongest” planet in the region, but also on Nova Unalaska, which is a promising planet developing its strengths more and more.

LG-418b
grafik

LG-418c
grafik

LG-913e
grafik

EZ-476b
grafik

EZ-476e
grafik

XS-538c
grafik

IC-162a

1 Like

Its just me, thanks.

If you need MCG, I’m outputting 150 per day on LS-231b.

LST and SIO are at 100 per day and 48 per day respectively.

If you require these resources, reach out to me on the UFO discord or through COM. I am very reasonable with prices.

Hello everyone! Lokiorin (LaSM) from GTU here. Many thanks to Aufricer for handling the core DevBlog.

Our project on Kinza (LG-418b) is flourishing and we are starting to become victims of our own success. We have so much output of the core PIOs supplies that our warehouses and bases are getting overloaded! As such, GTU is looking for players new and old, corp or not to come out and settle on Kinza!

We’re in a position to provide cheap PIOs consumes (including PWO) and COF production is planned. In addition, if you are a newer player and need help expanding please reach out to me in game. We have stockpiles of CM Kits and BFABs and would be happy to make those available to you. Come join us on the new eden of Kinza!

~Lokiorin

1 Like

12.12.2021 - Get it cheaper !!!

Did you check the Exchanges recently - sure you did! I dont know what you are buying but

grafik
or that
grafik

looks a bit overexaggerated to me.

I have seen Hydrogen selling for 75 per unit and even cheaper a bit ago. Nitrogen had been available for similiar prices. I have seen and done payments in NCC( most of trades), CIS (smaller part of trades), ICA (rarely but possible) so maybe even AIC is possible.

Lets do some math here at this moment: ( 124.95 - 75 ) → 50 per unit. A ship can load 500 units at once.
Thats an advantage of
grafik
per shipload.

Just as a reminder. Kinza, Nova Unalaska, IC-162a, XD-354b they all have a Warehouse and a local market and its for free! No need to pay fee, you are not charged.
You dont need (a longterm) commitment. Look out for the companies available there and post your adds.
Feel free to come and pick the stuff by yourself or if you are using shipping adds to have the goods delivered to you.
Have a look to the local markets, you will see that specific products (including COF) are offered for very friendly starting prices.

Thats for the advertisement. I am sure you have seen, that Lokiorion had offered some starting hands; CM kits, BFABs and friendly other companies will assist you, if you consider settling out there.

What else happened in the region recently.
Actually it was quiete smooth. CEOs are busy in real life and their workforce is producing the goods.
We got some additional bases, more population and the discords and ingame chats are used to organize logistics.
LG-913e got a Safety Station, maybe you get your Hydrogen by yourself at least the planet is safe !
Other planets did not yet receive any updates, as the population to make that necessary is not yet reached.

The big disadvantage of the region is, that its far away (yeah, I said that erlier already).
Some products are just not yet available. If you forgot some small things, like “TRU” it may put your whole expansion plan to a stop for a while.
Most of the things can be organized and the other players out there are more then willing to help. But double check before you start your trip.
As you all know the companies currently settling the region are not in one CORP but we are doing our best to develope the region and cooperate. A key part is the shipping on the Nove-Unalaska - Kinza axis and of course the connection to the core of the universe.

Another good news is, that the times of lacking workforce are over for the moment.
Here you see that it was not very efficient to produce certain things a while ago (at least “they” also only consume for their efficiency)
grafik

If you have a look to the overview you could say that a population of 10.000 for Kinza and the arrival of a few more technicians during the next weeks is a resonable goal.

LG-418b (Kinza)
grafik
LG-418c
grafik
LG-913e
grafik

EZ-476b (Nova Unalaska)

EZ-476e
grafik

XS-538c
grafik

IC-162a
grafik

26.12.2021 - Time for gifts and help

Companies in the LG,IC and EZ sector are growing and producing their goods. While in the real world most players celebrating christmas and everybody is preparing for the end of the year - a (worldwide) time of calming down also the activities in the sector calmed down a bit.

Before the quiete phase of mid and end of december started,
a new population project an Infirmary had been buildt on Kinza. With workforce still growing the health parameter dropped a bit to low, so it was time for new population infrastructure.
The next projects that had been started is an Planetary Administration Center a Chamber of Global Commerce both on Kinza again.

Planet LG-913E received a boost to and is now operating 2 Safety Stations.

@McGangsta has settled IC-530c and another player mentioned his will to settle that planet. While this planet is not a focus planet, it makes Aluminium Ore available in the region. With a spot between Nova Unalaska and the Dolzena system, neighbouring IC-162 it would be well connected and can supply the whole region. A local market and a warehouse construced already - give an access for all willing business participants.

Seeing how player donate and help others with shipping and very low local prices a small christmas gift-giving started. All willing companies had the opportunity to receive a small package of free Coffee on the LM of Kinza. Also I added something to the offer of @Lokiorin (see above) and will/have given away up to 8 HSE that will probably go for an expansion on LG-418c, Kinzas neighbouring planet. Finally I will assist the transporteurs in our region by transporting some shippments between the region planets.

Having asked in the discord forum companies confirmed, that the goal of 10.000 workforce on Kinza and maybe 3.000 on Nova Unalaska is possible and everybody is working towards it.
While writing those lines a ship with materials for a first technician building is on its way to Kinza. Not sure if we can see an drastic increase in technicians until the end of the year but keep an eye on it.

LG-418b (Kinza)
grafik

LG-418c
grafik

LG-913e
grafik

EZ-476b (Nova Unalaska)

EZ-476e
grafik

XS-538c

IC-162a

Just this time IC-530a

31.12.2021 - Update in between

Just dropping by as there is some good news for the effort of settling the LG, IC and EZ sector.
a) First technicians have appeared on LG-418b (Kinza) , more will show up soon as there is open jobs for them.
b) GTU is doing quite well. It came to my ears that there might be one, two or even more interessted companies that like to participate in GTUs sponsoring event. Materials for core modules are traded on the local market of Kinza. Demanded by companies < 10 days old.
c) Some more workforce appeared on Kinza also new settlings happend recently.
d) Infirmery is working and feed, Administration and other updates are still WIP.

Also work on other planets and shipping has not stopped. I will try to report about that with the next update here.

With all that we can be positive about reaching the 10.000 mark of workforce on Kinza.

LG-418b
grafik

10.01.2022 – Final steps

I just lost time in between. But I feel the period of the contest must be over very soon. The more I am happy, that sector LG, IC and EZ has grown mature and is ready for the next step.

It turned out, that LG-418b (Kinza) is by far the „strongest“ or most active planet in the region. Of course without all the other planets around it would be way harder to make it a good place for business and commerce.
I have discovered a nice graphic, stolen from @happycowz, modified by @PiBoy314 (also stolen for this post) that I would like to present here. Maybe we can get an update of that graphic?

The impressive fact is, that all participants of the contest together made it possible that we see a bubble in the contest area! The bubble represents a population of then more than 5.000 people at the time made. An achievement not to many planets or regions have achieved.

Developing the region profited a lot from the strong participating companies. Without material, cash and infrastructure from them, it would be much harder to have reached where we are now. Since the last entry to the forum a lot of material have been produced and brought to the sector. Materials that are still imported is things like HSE, some RFABs etc. On the other side exports of Hydrogen, Nitrogen from LG-913 and IC-162 as well as Fabs, Iron etc. from Nova-Unalaska helped to bring down the market prices in the core. There is words, that Kinza coffee with LST from Nova had been tasted not only at home, but in the XH-594 sector, on JS-299a and on many Commodity exchanges.

While some of the other planets in the region will receive more infrastructure and upgrades during the next days the main focus recently was on Kinza.
GTU again did a tremendious job. Not only did they convince and help more new (also in a way of fresh) companies to settle on Kinza. They also erected an Administration.
And if everything works out as intended I will be the opening president of the planet, a great honor and somehow closing a circle from naming the planet via jumping into the contest and developing the sector far enough to have LG-418b be a pearl in a well developed oasis in the universe.

Sorry for that little political rhetoric but thats also part of politics. As well as the tasks, that need to be decided with the establishment of an administration.
Like what currency shall be used ? How much fees and what for need to be charged to keep the infrastructure running ? Use the fine auction system of the United Faction discord server ?

@MadMonk21 that should take over the office starting from Term 2 already set up and discussed the daily upkeep costs, to be expected. Probably the local market and the warehouse will be free of fees.
Good news is, since @kerfy promissed a(nother) donation of 100.000 NCC even the taxes may stay „0“ for at least the first term.
With such a budget in hand and most things for upkeep (including Tubes for the Infirmary) produced localy even the also newly established Chamber of Global Commerce can be run free of charge*1 for some time. *1 for everybody else except Kerfy of course

Politics on Kinza will focus on enabling technicians and above production chains, with the first step of slowly growing technician workforce already done. Until then the companies on Kinza will vote a CoGC campain of their needings.

Kinza is a stronghold for GTU, the next steps for them is to make two CORP Headquarters. One for all the GTU members on the planet and one for the governor of the planet. That way everybody on the planet can profit from infrastructure and the other trading and supporting planets like Nova Unalaksa, XS-538C, IC-162 etc. but the governor and everybody that like to join GTU will enjoy that little extra boost.

While the governor HQ might be finished before the end of the contest, its 50 % chance for the second HQ. Another project promiss, that surely wont be done on time is a Shipyard. Yes the LG-418 system will get its own shipyard.

All that would not be possible without the coordination and effort of all participants. Be it time, be it shipping capacity, be it the sponsoring program, be it helping in getting things sorted or providing that little TRU needed. Already a Thank you for the combined effort.

Final words after that that longly entry: The LG-418 system is fully functional, ready to be a starter system with a lot of promissing planets around. A Commodity Exchange in the LG,IC, EZ sector would qualify the region to be even more a center of an expanding prosperious galaxy.

LG-418b (Kinza)

grafik

LG-418c
grafik

LG-913e
grafik

EZ-476b (Nova Unalaska)
grafik

EZ-476e

XS-538c
grafik

IC-162a

grafik

Note: I will update that post after the election/next Population update or if we get a new nice graphic. This even might not be the last entry but as so many big things happened on Kinza this time, it just needed more space to express.

13.01.2022 - Kinza Issues

I keep it short this time. We reached the next goals.

• As predicted workforce/population on Kinza has exceeded 10.000 souls.
    That including settlers and a growing technician workforce.

• A first governor was selected. To celebrate everybody in the sector was invited for a Coffee party (10 Cof per company, max. 200 are given for gifts)

• Game settings brought many companies in trouble. Taxes were auto set and the currency on Kinza can not be changed to the desired “NCC” thus some companies have to trade in CIS for their warehouse. “Behind the scenes” we are working on either a workaround or a solution.

grafik

grafik

29.01.2022 – 126,61 % goals reached (now 133,69 %)

We should be proud of the developement of sectors LG, IC and EZ.
As of today our main planet and by far the strongest in the region has reached a population of 12.661 (13.369) including 22 (35) technicians and 1.164 (1514) settlers.
Material for the 2 x CORP headquarters are almost finished and on its way to the region. Also the first term of the administration center will come to an end soon. We excpect the announced taxation update to happen at the same time as the second governmental term is about to start. The next governor will have to see about consequences and details about peer taxation then.

The more companies settle and grew in the region the more it become clear, that a central trading hub in close proximity ( :wave: CX :wave:) or more and faster transport capacity is needed.
Most players base storage is filled and production may be stalled from time to time due to overfilled capacities.
As promissed earlier a shipyard project had been started on LG-418b by donating the Truss necessary for it. Once done - in the future - new freighters can and will be made directly in the LG-418 sector. Meanwhile a more complex logistic planning on bases as on XS-538 or in EZ-476 is needed.
As great and productive they are, Limestone is just a very very bulky product and hard to transport.

All planets, mentioned in the registration phase , a total of 7 planets + a waypoint and a few more (as mentioned in this devlog) have been settled. Population on the 7 main planets reached or exceeded a population of 16.162. A huge variety of products and rare materials like Helium, Titanium Ore and Local Databases (LD) are extracted, riged, collected or produced.

During the developement the efforts of GTU, that choose LG-418b as its stronghold had an enormous impact on the developement. Also having the core worlds with its existing CX and companies available helped a lot out there.

It has to be said, that without the core worlds and or LG-418b the other settled and unsettled planets in sector LG, IC and EZ would face economical harsh conditions.
Having a trading hub around or expanding the universe (e.g. sectors LA, XS or IC) in combination with new ressources and products only found in that regions :wave: :wave: @Counterpoint , @molp :wave: :wave: would be a great, easy and non expensive way to bring even more energy and spice to the game and sectors. Even without that is LG-418b now more then ready to become a starter world :wave: :wave: for those that want a well developed world with potential to grow.
Also the warehouse of Kinza got expanded to allow companies to rent even more space.

LG-418b (Kinza)

grafik

GTU HQ

grafik
Governor HQ (ready soon, Fabs in transist)

LG-418c
grafik

LG-913e

grafik

EZ-476b (Nova Unalaska)

grafik

EZ-476e
grafik

XS-538c

IC-162a

grafik

Thanks everyone for taking part in the contest and make the region one of the most prosperious.

14.02.2022 - Waiting and delays

Just another short update. Somehow I forgot to bring the last Reinforced Transparent Aperture with me. So the second CORP HQ on Kinza has to wait.

Meanwhile the recent Atlas update wont change much in our plans.
There had been talks and we will use one or two of the immigration programs to attract esp. LG-418b for engineers and later scientists. But only after the infrastructure for them is made.
It is not usefull to have engineers running away at the next possibility.
As soon as the wildlife park is ready, engineers will be called in.

Following the talks more and more supporting bases are planned. Materials like CLI and BRM shall be mined around to make the region even more independent.

Since the new map is showing infrastructure and ressources its easier to find the local markets that already popped up in the region.
grafik
Expect more to be constructed while sector EZ, IC and LG is continung the growth path.

That said: There is still 1 or 2 starter packages (Core modules and materials, donated by philantrophic players) for new or young companies that like to join us out there.

Updute for LG-418b (Kinza)