Bugs and Improvements

You are right it is not bound to FTL but in fact to distance recalculation. It actually occurs reliably every few click on a slider handle and it doesn’t seem to be related to decreasing distance. The distance difference this causes is ~3M km.

GIF (every distance change is a click on the slider):
simplescreenrecorder-2023-03-28_14.23.52

You can see that as I click on the slider the distance naturally decreases (origin is closer to destination by a few hundred km) but once every few clicks the distance changes by ~3M km and then switches back.

In this example the amount of fuel changes so I guess it is partially fine but in my example before the distance changed while fuel usage was the same.

EDIT:
For the sake of completeness the slider value doesn’t seem to change when distance and fuel usage changes so it looks like some bug in distance calculation (rounding which is then multiplied?):
valuenow stays the same when clicking on the handle but distance is recalculated.

Problem: You need to scroll down on the PLI screen to see “view base”. New players can very easily miss this, making it more difficult for them to find their base. And, as a older player, sometimes I interact with my bases this way and it adds extra latency.

Suggest making one of the two following changes:

1. Make the default y-axis size of the PLI buffer when viewing a planet larger.

2. Move the location of the “view base” button to the top right (or another part of the buffer), eliminating the need to scroll down.

4 Likes

Problem: Input materials get black-holed when you cancel a production order which cannot be started.

This has existed since reoccurring production orders got introduced.

1 Like

What exactly is getting black-holed? In the images I see -1 motherboard, but that one was used to start the HPC order.

1 Like

If you look at DCM you see nothing gets black-holed

Oh my god how did I not notice that.

That… is where it went lol.

I can consistently reproduce this UI Bug with the BS screen. If I reload the whole site and go the screen with BS on it for the first time it shows me correctly my permits.
2023-04-09 12_20_56-Prosperous Universe – Opera
But as soon as I change the screen and than go back to the screen with the BS on it it shows the wrong number again:
2023-04-07 09_13_30-Prosperous Universe – Opera
It stays that way unless i reload the whole website.
I am using Opera 96.0.4693.50 which again uses Chromium 110.0.5481.178

The PROD window doesn’t have a vertical scrollbar, can we have one added so the window doesn’t have to grow proportionally to the number of bases?

Yes, will be released with the next update.

More an oddity than any real issue, a ship test flight I had open for a while became invalid while I was watching and I hadn’t interacted at all with anything for a few minutes. The buffer had been open for a while and previously had a working preview but then switched to invalid at random.

That is intended and has technical reasons. All missions are calculated on the server and use up resources. Every time a flight parameter is changed, a new mission is calculated. We keep these missions around for a few minutes in case a player wants to start them. After a while they expire. We could override the current mission as soon as a new mission calculation request comes in, but that would lead to unexpected behavior if a player has two (or more) flight control commands open at the same time.

i found a “bug” with your steam “package”… if you use steam on linux (current debian stable) and start the game, the tutorial is very broken (or at least for me)
during the tutorial the css gray box transition doesnt work and the highlighted box stays solid instead of transition to a lower opacity (might be related to the web engine proton uses)
manually changing the value fixes it temporarily until the next gray box appears.

Using the web client with firefox works flawless.

my suggestion would be to start at opacity 0.5 instead of 1 so it is still usable even without the transistion

BRA command doesn’t calculate/show results for my HQ (Verdant) but does for my other bases
After the recent patch, it fixed this for a few days but now it’s back to its original buggy state. :\

Same, Danakil HQ is BRA exempt. Or is BRA correct and that the base is somehow repair exempt? :grinning:

1 Like

I got a bugged shipping contract. It’s stuck at “fulfillment attempted” and “fulfill” button is in preloader state. Refreshing browser, different PC doesn’t help. I was able to fulfill other contracts after this one got bugged. It’s a player contract so I would not want to fail it. After reopening contract window I can click on “fulfull” button again but it still gets stuck.
CONT 9958H6A
contract_fulfill_stuck
obraz

@molp

I have been able to fulfill the contract now.

1 Like

It’s because your base was full and there was no inventory space.

Molp: Suggest changing the error to more clearly reflect this.

Essentially the difference is the direction the ship aproaches the planet, whether it’s trying to catch up to it in the orbit or the planet is coming towards it.

Can we get the Prefab order to be consistent in all locations!!!
BRA shows Bfabs
where as inventory has them in a different order
Even the construction buffer can’t agree on the same order

Trying to count prefabs to transport then finding out when your ship arrives to repair that your count is off because they are not consitent is a very frustrating feeling and happens far to often. Having to double count to make sure you added the right Bfab is very frustrating too.

2 Likes

Possible bug in Notifications, Had a ship arrive and recieved the notification. Second shipped arrived before the first notification was actioned (marked as read) the notification pinged but there is no record of the second ship arriving.
The same happens when two different production jobs finish at the same time with different outputs, one is reported the other is not.