Suggestions and Ideas

Once you delete a screen, an “undo delete” button appears at the end of the list which does what it says :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right, I completely missed that. I’ll look for it next time :slight_smile:

A closed cycle for carbon and maybe also for other resources. The smelter, the incinerator and also workers would produce CO2. (Workers would need O2 in addition to rations.) The (hydroponic) farm needs the CO2 to produce plants and O2. Since some of the carbon would get trapped in cotton or plastic, some planets could have CO2 in the atmosphere or C in the ground, that enters the cycle.

1 Like

While technically correct for a lot of things (take water for example…you would recycle close to 100% of water so you wouldn’t have to provide fresh water all the time), closed cycles make balancing a nightmare and would eliminate even more material sinks from the game. So I doubt we’ll implement them anytime soon.

A way to filter / sort CXOS (my exchange orders) because my long term buy/sell orders get berried with all my completed orders.

If not, would be good if outstanding orders and past orders were separate buffers.

Or finally, if placed orders were ordered first.

5 Likes

Auto-complete behavior for commands like BS , POP and FLT , MAT, CXOB, etc would be really nice. I find that the command system works well if you have something to copy but getting to the buffers about those things is normally easier using the UI.

4 Likes

That is definitely on the list of things to come at some point :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not sure if this has been suggested yet, but - storage space rental.

I can of course just build a base, but it feels kinda wasteful for me to take up an entire plot of land on a main hub planet, which someone could put to productive use, just so I have somewhere to keep goods for sale. Especially that I don’t need all 5000m^3.

Players with unused capacity could supplement their revenue this way, and/or someone could take just a single plot and turn it into one huge warehouse, which could then service a large number of people.

2 Likes

It would be great if the “A trade took place for your commodity” and “Commodity order filled” notifications would specify which commodity. This is a high-traffic piece of the interface; a small improvement would go a long way. :smiley: As is, to learn whether the notification is relevant to what I’m working on, I have to click on it, thus marking it as read.

1 Like

Some other things I remembered.

1. Typing the amount of materials contributed to COGCs - when you have a larger stockpile, it’s very hard to get round numbers with the sliders. It’s fine for DW, RAT and even MCG, but what the heck do I do with 7 PE afterwards?

2. Company names in LM ads - in busier LMs it gets harder to find the ad from the person you wanted to deal with.

3. Contract list sorting, or at least filtering out fulfilled contracts.

3 Likes

Can you implement sorting, filtering and delete all for “Commodity Exchange Orders”?

1 Like

Don’t worry, it’s on the list!

1 Like

Would be a huge QOL improvement for me if when creating a production order, in addition to the slider, there would be an input where you could specify a larger order size. This would be an upgrade for me as I spend a lot of time in the game creating a bunch of max size orders to keep my 20+ RIGs running on water planets, and it’s not much fun. It’s my least favourite part of the game :c

(I posted this before in ‘Bugs and Improvements’, and I’ve moved it here as this seems more appropriate - also wanted to repost because I really want this added, like really badly)

2 Likes

Yeah, and needing to select something that isnt a multiple of 5 is extra annoying. I imagine this will get attention when the UI dev starts in July.