Release Notes - Prestige

Incidentally, Promitor has that small deposit of HAL.

1 Like

Wait what.

Why didn’t it come up on the search then…

That’s quite strange. Ok! I stand corrected.

Likely the minimum extraction rate was set to above +18% which would exclude Promitor.

You also only need one savvy player to use their CMK to start on a T1.5 world and HAL can flow :man_shrugging:

Ah yes. The core module…

But as I see there is some HAL available (this universe).

But in general it will make HAL even more important.

Lets see how it plays out.

Will the BOS recipe stay the same? It was neat that you could use the AL and SI from BE to produce BOS on the same base without importing AL and SI.

Yes, at least for now.

@Counterpoint @molp

With this change of SI production, can you maybe add some more SI recipes?
A Quick look at wikipedia (jay) shows that SI can also be made from SIO + C

It also mentiones use of NA.

Please give us an additional recipe besides SIO + AL.
Thank you

1 Like

Additionally, do you think we could have the exact recipe changes? Are they finalized yet? So that we can start planning & adjusting. Thanks!

Good call! Will add another option using C / O (and optionally FLX) to the update. :slight_smile:

Most of it should be in the notes already. I can screenshot the exact runtimes when everything’s deployed on staging.

4 Likes

I tried an exploration faction contract on the test server and it worked as expected. Having finished the contract, I got a reward of water and 2 faction reputation points. I guess it doesn’t matter because you can’t do anything with the faction reputation points, but I was trying to find on what screen it displays the faction point total. I thought the faction info page would be where it would be (e.g. FA CI) especially as there is a link to the faction in the contract page but I don’t see it there.

Just a UX improvement suggestion.

The faction reputation is being shown in the CO command.

That’s right, at the moment there is nothing you could actively use them for, but they do impact the amount and height of future faction contract rewards.

1 Like

Changed AML recipes:

Glass:

Silicon:

4 Likes

Two things:

It seems that FLX now has too powerful an effect in the SIO → SI recipe - it gives a speed up of 40%, and is faster than the AL based one. I suggest making the C + O + FLX based recipe 20% slower than the AL one, and then the C + O recipe 20% slower again. Otherwise it seems unlikely that anybody will bother with the AL based recipe any more, given that C + O + FLX is usually cheaper than AL.

… except that they’re still getting “free” AL from the BER → BE recipe. I suggest that should be changed to produce ALO as a byproduct instead of AL, just as SI was changed to SIO. Otherwise players can immediately use the AL + SIO to create SI without needing to import C + O at all.

Your observations are correct. I considered “equalizing” the recipes as you suggested, but then I thought it might actually be more interesting and create more intriguing tradeoffs if they’re different. Might require more balance tweaks in the future of course, but I’d like to see how it plays out.

4 Likes

Great work guys. Alongside your toolbet addition for changing player codes, it would be great to allow some supports to change their names.

There are many instances of people regretting their name choice after realising this was such a good game and becomes long-term players.

Good point! I’ll bring it up in the team meeting. The account name is not my department though, that is Martin’s territory :slight_smile:

The release is live. Please refresh the page before trying out new features. Let us know if anything doesn’t work as expected.

We’ll add a page dedicated to faction contracts to the handbook later today.

Found a bug. When I have a production line without workers, and I’ve created some production orders then there’s null exception (probably introduced with the sorting functionality)

I’m not a fan of how spreads have been implemented. If the current high bid is 1200.00 and I put in 1200.01 it rounds down to 1200.00, which means I have to manually figure out how to beat the high bid rather than having it calculate it automatically for me. That makes it way harder to trade. Bids should automatically round up, and asks should automatically round down.

2 Likes