The Populous release will be released on September 2nd 2020!
Witness the evolution of your populous. Gone are the days of mindless laboring drones. Workers will need to be taken care of as life in space is particularly demanding. A new order has been passed so that a planet’s population is distributed among each base in correlation to their production needs. Planetary infrastructure projects are now available which improve the livelihood of workers and attract more settlers to appealing planets. Governors can exercise their power to control the upkeep of these projects as populations grow and shrink.
If your APEX console is stuck in a loading state after the update, please make sure to refresh it once after the update to ensure you got the latest version.
Planets now host a planetary population that can grow and decline depending on various factors. Your local workforce is recruited from that population and gets assigned every week. The new population report shows the change, happiness and unemployment rates of the population
To keep a planet’s population happy and growing some infrastructure projects need to be build. Every workforce has their own needs and prioritizes different infrastructure buildings.
Population infrastructure upkeep
Population infrastructure has a constant upkeep that depends on the type of the infrastructure and at what level it operates. Lots of new materials and two new resources have been added and with them new ways of making profit!
Find out more about planetary populations in the updated handbook!
Material Tree Changes
- 40+ new products as building or upkeep materials for the population infrastructure
- New categories: Drones, Energy Systems, Medical Equipment, Unit Prefabs, Utility
- Solar Panel
SPis now part of the new Energy Systems category, produced in the new Energy Component Assembly building and takes Solar Cells
- Renamed Parabolic Antenna
PAto Antenna Array
EBSand replaced them with
WINrecipe with Chemical Reagents
REAand adjusted output accordingly
- Removed Mega Tube Coating
- Most higher-tier buildings now require
- Reduced area cost of
SD(to 40) and
- During the development we fixed a lot of performance related issues, most of them went live before the actual Populous release. If you encounter any performance degradations after the release let us know!
- The amount of notifications send to the client was limited and thus APEX could not display all available notifications. The limit has been removed
- Auto-provisioning of contracts now also works if the auto-provision storage is not at the same location as the local market
- Fixed a bug where a lot of local market ads with the same id could be created
- Fixed a display issue where local market shipments would not be displayed when moved from one inventory to another
- Fixed a bug that prevented access to the local rules command