Queues: Move/Pin to Top/Bottom with Ctrl/Alt

I spend crazy amounts of time clicking up arrows all day. It would be amazing if I could have these options:
Ctrl+click up arrow to Move to Top
Ctrl+click down arrow to Move to Bottom
Alt+click up arrow to Pin to Top
Alt+click down arrow to Pin to Bottom

99% of the time, when I click the up arrow in a queue, I want the thing I’m clicking at the top. Let me just ctrl click it and move it there! Many of my buildings have 11 items in queue, and often several of them don’t have the materials. That leaves me clicking and clicking and clicking to get that one item in queue running in the buildings. It is a bit maddening!!

Sometimes I just want one thing out of these 11 things to run until I tell it to stop. Let me just Alt click it and make it stay there until I stop it!

Sometimes I want to just stop producing a certain thing in queue, but since I’ve carefully build my queues in Prunner, I don’t want to delete the item completely. This leaves me constantly cycling these items to the bottom. Just let me Ctrl click to move it there, or Alt click it to permanently stick it at the bottom, until I’m ready to make it again!

This is by far my most desired quality of life improvement.

7 Likes

this would definitely be useful!

1 Like

I was just writing a post like this where this suggestion popped up in recommended. Except in my proposal the cryptic keyboard+mouse shortcut would be replaced with explicit buttons. I mean, a hotkey is cool, but how do you communicate to the players that it even exists? How do you remember that it even exists?

Instead I’d recommend the following:

• For “move to top” and “move to bottom”, just give us explicit buttons. There’s plenty of space, instead of two wide “up” and “down” buttons there could be four square buttons: “up”, “top”, \n, “down”, “bottom”.
  • Order pausing is an amazing idea, but I feel that “pin to top” and “pin to bottom” would be difficult to understand, especially to new players (what happens if an order is pinned to bottom? it never executes? what if it’s at the top? it suppresses all other orders?). Instead I’d suggest a simple toggle system: put a simple enabled/disabled checkbox in each row in PRODQ. To preserve queue order, disabled orders could still cycle (just without starting the actual production). For visual clarity in PROD view, grey out the disabled order rows and replace “recurring” with “disabled” (I assume disabling orders should only be possible for recurring orders, and as everything else discussed here be only available to PRO players).
1 Like

IMO the best solution is to drag and drop the entire row. But that currently doesn’t fit with the UI design language of the game, as nothing else functions like that.

1 Like