If you took a closer look at our feature list you noticed that ‘Notifications’ is one of the next things we want to implement.
Here is its description:
Since the game runs 24/7, important things can happen at any time. The notification system allows to receive email notification about new messages, halted productions or arriving ships and displays respective alerts within the game. Players will be able to customize their notification settings.
Basically we have to answer two questions: what event should translate into a notification and what kind of notifications do we want to have.
I am interested in your opinion on those questions!
Here is a list of possible notification types:
- in-game The notifications in-game could reach from the little-green indicators for chat messages to a full tile showing the latest events.
- tab-title Sometime websites display the amount of new messages etc as a number in the tab title, like (12) Prosperous Universe
web notification Browsers nowadays have a consolidated way to display notifications, maybe you noticed them while using the forum. First they ask for permission:
and then notifications like these can be used:
Of course these would be PU-branded.
- email Classic: Something happens, you get an email.
- push notifications This is a bit of a long shot, but in the future we could provide push notifications for mobile devices
I am interested what types of notifications you like / dislike and which you would like to use in PU.
Equally important is the content of the notifications. Here is a short list:
- Ship events (arrival at destination, waypoint reached, …)
- Trade events (order matched, items available, price watch, …
- Contract events (closed, fullfilled, …)
- Chat events (new message in public, group, private chats)
Let’s compile a list of interesting events that might be suitable for a notification.