Name THAT Planet Round 8

It’s back! Now’s your opportunity to get your favorite planet a brand spanking new moniker. Here are the planets from last time that we named a planet. I have not checked to see if all of them are still unnamed, but I will before posting the poll. If you know that some are definitely named then you can let me know in the comments:

• KW-602c
  • CB-282d
  • QJ-650c
  • KI-840c
  • XG-452f
  • ZV-759d
  • KI-439b
  • KI-401d
  • XG-751b
  • JS-753c
  • LG-093a
  • DW-419a
  • JS-601c
  • JS-570a
  • JS-952f

Are there any other suggestions out there? Comment below and I will add them to the list!

TL;DR Please comment WHICH PLANET you want to receive a name below

Hi,

Is the YI planets getting names?
Would be nice to include YI-705c :slightly_smiling_face:

QJ-650c was unfortunately named Elon.

The QQ-001 system is halfway complete and must be ruined named more. Let’s name QQ-001c Cerci or Cer-C next.

3 Likes

I vote for naming OT-889b

Since QJ-650c is off the cards, my serious vote would be for KI-840c, although my lulz vote will also go to QQ-001c.

Thanks for all the new suggestions! Let’s move on to the actual voting. Please vote for which planet you want to receive a name. I will post the winner and then we will choose the actual name. Good luck!

• KW-602c
  • CB-282d
  • KI-840c
  • XG-452f
  • ZV-759d
  • KI-439b
  • KI-401d
  • XG-751b
  • JS-753c
  • LG-093a
  • DW-419a
  • JS-601c
  • JS-570a
  • JS-952f
  • YI-705c
  • QQ-001c
  • OT-889b

0 voters

You had your chance(s) to name it something else. Enjoy!

Looks like we have a winner! OT-889b has taken the lead and will now be eligible to receive a name. Do we have any suggestions? Please comment below what name you would like for OT-889b (I checked the previous rounds and didn’t see any mention for this planet before, let me know if there was a name suggested and who suggested it).

Turing.

It’s an Electronics planet, after all.

5 Likes

I can’t think of a finer name than ‘Jeetiyu’.

7 Likes

Mint

You all know why

Kevin … because I like cookies

2 Likes

Discworld, because it’s turtles all the way down.

Jeetiyu is my vote! What a nice name.

1 Like

Absolutely Jeetiyu! No better name!

1 Like

Not a fan of Jeetiyu as it is referring to the corporation GTU.

My vote as governor goes to Turing.

1 Like

Although I like Turing as name, I suggest Bardeen named after John Bardeen, who invented the transistor and is the only person who got the Nobel Price for physics twice.

1 Like

Ok great suggestions! Here is the final poll, be sure to vote for the name that you would like OT-889b to receive:

• Turing
  • Jeetiyu
  • Mint
  • Kevin
  • Discworld
  • Bardeen

0 voters

1 Like

Kevin!
Kevin Bob The Minion GIF - Kevin Bob The Minion Stuart The Minion GIFs

3 Likes