In summary, as far as I know, the starting funds for new players haven’t been adjusted, while the economy has grown. This might make the early game slower then intended. Also, fraction contracts can be unprofitable and aren’t boosting players as much as they could.
In regards of the latest changes to the MM, it might be a good time to revisit the parameters for newer players.
Hello, I still consider this topic highly relevant; while the contracts for beginners may have been adjusted, I see little benefit in them as the game progresses. Sure, you earn points, but for what? The meager return hardly justifies the effort anymore.
The new game isn’t as painfully slow any more. In the last year alone the starting funds and buildings were doubled. And on top of that there is a additional faction contract line giving more stuff like a second CM module and so on.
So if you make it even faster the exponential growth will kick in hard and they will reach the HQ20 wall very fast.