Improved player engagement suggestions

So I’m sure this isn’t going to be extremely popular, however I’m enjoying this game enough to venture out anyway. Here are my suggestions for improved player out reach and engagement, they’re broad ambitious, but so is this game so I’m optimistic;

Visualization of processes. What i mean by this is the ability to SEE the buildings/workers working at some level, even if it’s extremely basic. I think one of the biggest complaints i hear from people new to this game is that they were expecting it to be more like the imagery on the homepage and feel falsely advertised to. This doesn’t have to be complex in order to be effective!

Reward for player engagement. Specifically my suggestion for this is a small (1-10%) bonus to players who are actively playing the game. This could be defined as keeping apex active or completing a task.

I’d like to point out my intention isn’t to try to turn this into a cell phone game, I have no horse in this race and I enjoy this game in it’s current state; i’d love to see you guys become wildly successful.

1 Like

Hey, thanks a lot for your suggestions and good wishes. :slightly_smiling_face:

Plans of making APEX look nicer overall have been in the works for a long time, and we even brought someone on board for that purpose a while back. However, I’m pretty certain that your concrete suggestion won’t be part of that overhaul as it somewhat clashes with what the game is right now. Plus, if we add people you can watch at work, it would be weird if you couldn’t see the buildings and planetary surfaces, which would all have to look different due to the planet’s respective properties etc. I don’t think we want to go down that road, at least not in the foreseeable future. On the plus side, you will be able to see spaceship models sooner or later!

I realize that right now, we’re super generous in that regard as we’re keeping our promise of not giving players any disadvantages for logging in less frequently, by allowing very long queue and flight times etc. We know all the tricks of daily rewards and the likes, and we’re deliberately steering clear of them. At the same time, I see how some reward for frequent activity wouldn’t be be the worst idea. I have to say though that logging in several hours a day often already grants an advantage, if only because you can adapt your prices more dynamically. We are at least making sure it stays that way by not making anything automatable.

Nonetheless, I agree that we should think some more about player retention, but our main goal will always be that players log in simply because it’s fun. :slightly_smiling_face: