Great scifi and space shows / channels

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to ask you if you know of any space or scifi themed shows on youtube that you watch on a regular basis and can recommend! I really enjoy watching the following three channels and find them inspiring for the work on Prosperous Universe

PBS Space Time

Space Time explores the outer reaches of space, the craziness of astrophysics, the possibilities of sci-fi, and anything else you can think of beyond Planet Earth with our astrophysicist host: Matthew O’Dowd.
Although I don’t get most of the physics I enjoy the show, especially when it’s about scifi topics like time travel, faster than light flight, colonization etc.

Scott Manley

Scott Manley is the Astronogamer - a rare fusion of gaming and science in one powerful combination. Able to deliver astonishing scientific facts while flying, or crashing digital simulations of spacecraft.

Just as the description states this channel is a mixture of games and science. While I enjoy the odd gaming video he makes, I am more into his detailed explanations of rocket science :slight_smile:

Isaac Arthur

This channel focuses on exploring concepts in science with an emphasis on futurism and space exploration, along with a healthy dose of science fiction. While we explore many concepts and technologies that are far beyond us now, we try to keep everything inside the bounds of known science or major theories.

I just recently discovered the channel. The videos are pretty long (usually 25-30 minutes), well researched and recommended!

1 Like

Aside from the ones you named, I really enjoy it when Kurzgesagt make videos on futuristic topics. I watch Fraser Cain sometimes, and Real Engineering has covered a few well-researched sci-fi topics in the past.

Thanks! I have seen videos from Kurzgesagt as well as Real Engineering, but never heard of Fraser Cain!

1 Like

Since I’m basically on vacation this week a found a bit of time to watch a few videos by Isaac Arthur. Fascinating stuff :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haven’t had the time to watch it yet, but sounds incredibly relevant to Prosperous Universe :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha, it so happens that I watched this last night. :smile: If it’s useful for you really depends on the degree of realism you’re going for, I think.