Every bot need a second chance... to adjust timings on scripts to make it not that noticeable

Upper limit of the price band is what I meant…so we are pretty much in agreement.

The more I think about the Round Robin suggestion from Riposte, the more I like it. To some extent, I think it would reduce the incentive for players to build bots.

3 Likes

I think you need some sort of discretized pricing, or the round robin only helps the “good” actors. If someone wants to penny war, which it seems the devs want to discourage, and is what bots are good at, they don’t want round robin. They will just continue as if round robin had not been implemented.

The jump to the next price point needs to be meaningful, in some way.

1 Like

The Sybil bot is still botting. To this day. Guys, when does it end? Seriously? This is ridiculous.

It takes all of about 30 seconds to prove it. Here you go. I lowered the price as fast as I could while taking screen shots in between. I went down and up, bot has same response. Ban him. This is absolutely insane that you have done nothing. Also I decided to do this after messing with it for almost 30 minutes. It’s a robot…

2 Likes

Oh and FYI. It’s not just 3 BSE he is selling. There was just a big purchase but look what happens as soon as his 3 are sold:

I watched the sale happen, he was instantly selling 3 more, I mean less than a second. There’s just no possible way a human could do that.

1 Like

Yes, the same situation happened with me.

1 Like

The more we wait the better the bot gets. And he is always making it better. It is super sophisticated now and I fear that very shortly it will be undetectable.

1 Like

I did have a dev contact me saying they were looking into it, but I still see the player trading along like normal.

1 Like

He has destroyed my RAT sales.

1 Like

This lowering and raising by 1 cent is an interesting tactic, but… this shows the weakness of these exchanges. With a bot, or quite frankly with a lot of time on someone’s hands that person could completely shut down a lot of players, especially if those players are new, and don’t have the capital/money/commodities to fight these bots/players. I see this is at Montem and now I am not sure if I can actually make decent progress. (I am the new player in this scenario)

Edit: Ah, but in the roadmap there are some interesting things like corporation exchanges and private trading. It seems like those function would do a lot to combat situations in which players feel outmached. Seeking protection in a more controlled market is a valid tactic after all. Makes me excited for the future!

1 Like

I think both corp exchanges and private trading are not intended to be a replacement for the faction exchanges. My understanding is the faction exchanges are supposed to be the most basic, intro version of the game.

If one player’s “legal” playstyle can exclude new players from entire commodities, which is exactly what a hyper-efficient MM player can do, there is a problem.

1 Like

I do not think so, it is a way to make money.

1 Like

So Eve Online had this same problem, they combated it with the following tactic

• Introducing tick size - a limit on price precision when creating/updating an order. An order’s price can only be specified with a maximum precision of 4 significant figures.

This was done to prevent .01 ISK wars (ISK = in game currency). Can see the entire article at https://www.eveonline.com/article/q67fqo/broker-relations

Maybe that will help.

To be clear, it wont’ stop botting but can cease the .01 wars, after a few adjustments you’ve lost all your profit.

3 Likes

Only problem is that, it didnt stop the bots at all, it actually helped them a lot to fight vs real player. They had to adjust the bots ovbiously, but it ended up being mostly ran by small order and put back up when it fills + not remove them/modify them to avoid the taxe

PRUN is still small enough where anti-bot mesures shoudn’t be necessary. And to confirm, Sybil seems to have been inactive for a while now.

1 Like

I have a very clever idea to stop the robots.

when someone makes a script for a bot they can’t Insight randomness into the script almost at all and even if they can figure it out, it’s not worth it especially for this game as it is.

when you click on a tab in a order button, your mouse is never going to go completely straight there, or just appear on the button.

how do you get rid of the bots is if someone does that three times in a row. you can kick them from the game or even ban them before you look at them personally.

however you would have to program that for everything that you click on the screen, if you do it on the exact same spot, even if it’s not a button, and if it’s not a button, then you get a warning box, if you get it three times in a row in 24 hours(where it can reset for even more safety), then the person botting gets banned and you can look at that just in case it’s a mistake, for even more safety.

just to completely and utterly future proof it even more to the point where no one would even try to bot after it. you would add the same thing but moving your mouse around in a complete straight line.

if you added all these things than the only way a box would be able to bought the game is if someone decided to steal the entire config of the entire game and then put it into a machine learning software with videos of normal people playing the game and even then, it would take weeks for anyone to do that at all and no one would do that because that’s beyond insanity.

I hope you thought this was helpful. hehe. :white_heart: :purple_heart: :unicorn: :purple_heart: :white_heart:

:white_heart: :purple_heart: :unicorn: :purple_heart: :white_heart:

Maybe the solution is just taking out reasons for bots.

2 Likes

Private sales would allow you to sidestep bots, though its a bit difficult between time zones.

The LM is the closest we’ll have to private sales for a long while, I believe.

As a F2P player the LM sales sucks big time as I am totally shut out of it.Makes this game a bit P2W imo.
In LM ads you can easily make you multiaccounts haul loss making contracts for your main a/c.

Bots , “cheating” multiaccounts have ruined a number of games.
Multiaccounts should be welcome - but cheating ones - just profiting another accounts should be stopped.
Both are simple to stop(code-wise) but maybe at this stage this is not high priority.

1 Like

A flat fee whist in alpha is now P2W?

No. That will be abused too easily.

“simple”

hola! let me explain - I didnt last time. This type of economic games need lots of players…till that huge number is there multi-accounts are OK(developing planets and generating res ect) but we shd have a system to stop them from abusing and benefiting their main account.
This has already been implemented in games like Travian(browser game).

You can have as many accounts as possible from same IP BUT no transaction of any sort between them. Any transaction and the accounts get banned. simple.