Community Awards - October

I think it would be great for the community to hold monthly award ceremonies.

Players may be nominated for an award during the calendar month. Nominations close sometime on the last day of each month. Poll’s to determine who receives the award will run for the first week of the new month.

Nominations will be vetted by the awards team - just me until some others join.

Eg, for October’s awards: Nominations close sometime on 31st October. The poll will be active until sometime on 7th November.

Prizes may contain multiple components:

1. Financial
  2. Material
  3. Bragging Rights

Winning players must have a PRO license in order to receive financial and material components.

I’m also looking for other donors to set aside some money or materials for current awards or to get some more awards set up.

I’ll kick it off with a couple awards:

PrUn’s Player of the Month (October, 2020)

Did someone do something noteworthy or notorious? Who was very influential this month?

Prizes

1. Financial: 100k ICA, 100k NCC, 100k CIS

Donor Transparency

1. Prdgi: 50k ICA, 50k NCC, 50k CIS
  2. Slomes: 50k ICA, 50k NCC, 50k CIS

Prdgi Prize for Community (October, 2020)

Has someone done something great for our community? Is there someone who always helps the newbies?

Prizes

1. Financial: 50k ICA, 50k NCC, 50k CIS

Donor Transparency

1. Prdgi: 50k ICA, 50k NCC, 50k CIS

Catfizzing in the Grave (October, 2020)

The fizzy cat sees the galaxy. The fizzy cat spins in his grave.

Criteria

1. Candidate age must not exceed 5 months
  2. Candidates must have a minimum B rating on each of Activity, Reliability, and Stability
  3. Candidate must gain more than 20 votes, else the award will rollover to November

Special Criteria

1. Dirk_Diggler has been pre-nominated by the donor
  2. Dirk_Diggler may not claim any prize

Prizes

1. Financial: 1 million ICA

Donor Transparency

1. Catfiz: 1 million ICA.
3 Likes

If you would like to nominate someone for an award, please do so in the comments. Please include as much detail as to why you think they should be given the award.

If you would like to contribute towards a prize, or create an award, please also let me know in the comments and I can edit them into the original post.

October Nominations

PrUn’s Player of the Month (October, 2020)

Prdgi Prize for Community (October, 2020)

Catfizzing in the Grave (October, 2020)

• McCowan
  • Dirk_Diggler (per donor’s condition)

I have had great help and support from Dover, Iridium, th3krack3n and 777 in trading, loans/payment terms and expanding. Because of them I have several bases and a profitable organisation. Tex has been a solid presence supporting all. I hope all are considered and so I nominate them. I do think this should be open to all players, not simply the most active, powerful or wealthy, so I hope that is taken into account. Also, does there need to be a wooden spoon/shipment of NA award for the most anti-community spirited individual… at the risk of making it desirable. I’m not sure financial rewards for doing notorious things is a great idea.

4 Likes

It most certainly is open to all players - there would be no point otherwise. The PRO license requirement is there because the only way we could transfer funds or material is via LM trades.

We most certainly could have a “wooden spoon” style award too. Prize could be 1 unit of NA located on the temple planet RL-716g so that you can pay your penance to @molp.

3 Likes

Prdgi - Not sure which category…but I have been helped tremendously on Katoa government upkeep by Kapusta. He has been a tremendous supporter of the Populous buildings, donating both construction and upkeep items.

Katoa wouldn’t be anywhere near as good of shape as we currently are without Kapusta’s contributions, and I would like to recognize him for it!!

2 Likes

Prdgi - Also…Vooch nominated McCowen in the Discord for the map hosted at http://prosperous.freecluster.eu

You asked for someone to copy that over into this thread…and I am doing so via this post.

I believe that should be for the “Player of the Month” — that map is definitely noteworthy. I also think McCowen is less than 5 months.

3 Likes

I think that would qualify for the " Prdgi Prize for Community". Please correct me if this assumption is incorrect.

1 Like

That nomination would qualify for all 3 current awards then.

2 Likes

I nominate Dirk the Diggler

1 Like

I’d like to nominate Rubicate for the community award. Shortly after I started he really helped me out with his loan programs on Montem. After those, he started TRI for the main benefit of helping newer players. TRI encouraged a lot of new bases to gain votes. I know without him, I wouldn’t be as productive as I am.

3 Likes

The nomination period is now closed!

Please ensure you vote.