Bugs and Improvements

A few quality of life ideas from me and corpmates:

1. Ability to sort inventories by category (Fuel, ores, etc.).

2. Do away with the category column in the Workforce window to recapture wasted screen space.

3. Add current currency balances to the blank space in the middle of the screen header.

4. On the CX Exchange info windows for each commodity, provide an information icon (circled-I) to explain what each category means (e.g. “Traded” in the last X days, “High” over the last Y days, etc.).

5. Add a filter on the LM that ignores buy and sell contracts that are equal to or less than 1 AIC/CIS/ICA.

6. Add a Notification when a player to player communication comes in.

7. Allow the filtering of production notifications.

8. Add column in Workforce that adds up the usage between worker types (e.g. total DW/day).

9. For next universe, configure CX and LM per unit instead of having one per unit and one the entire volume.

10. Collapse items in the LM window headers to reduce wasted screen space.

11. Give option to hide particular columns or sections in various windows to save screen space.

3 Likes

Agree with all of these points. All good UI\UX tweaks to optimize things.

I would add:

1. Not just a filter to ignore 1 currency buys\sells, but a powerful configurable filter of many indivigual settings for LM and CXOS orders. You could filter by item type (consumables, fabs, etc), filter out tiny prices like your example, etc.

And I think a “pro” option in the UI to shorten the unnecessary details in LM ads. I made a quick mockup in M$ paint:

The problem with LM’s is that small windows force word-wrapping, which works great, but shipping adds get really really wordy and I think we could compress things a lot better for users who know what’s going on. An option to enable “pro mode” or “alt mode” a user could enable to collapse these extra terms and allow a more compact experience would be awesome

Also: I think hyperlinking the material code (BBH) the same way a planet or station is hyperlinked would be awesome!

this is usually due to a mismatch on your local time and server time.
next time, sync your local pc time and check again

1 Like

My local PC clock is not in sync with the server and never have problems.

However - if your local PC clock is wrong, you will have problems.

go to Time.is

It will tell you how much you’re out by. And if so, manually re-sync. I’ve been struggling with Windows constantly drifting for years and it’s always out and very annoying. As I type this now I’m 1.1 seconds out and that affects my work & realtime data I work with.

So I was about to report another bug, but I accidentally found this:

When I visit this page (Bugs and Improvements) in any browser (chrome, edge, firefox) when they’re maximized, it freezes them and they eventually crash. When I make the browser window smaller before visiting this page (like half of the screen), it works just fine. I have full hd resolution with 125 % scaling, no plugins in edge/firefox.

Base production line window shows two different horizontal scrolling parts (for building names and for the production lines) with independent scrolling, which doesn’t really make sense. Also the production lines are cut if you only scroll the buildings partially.

Edit: I see this has been reported already several times many months in the past.

Bruh there is no clock properly synced in world. Watched documentary long time ago that there is one in Swiss and it is on Alpes, specific conditions (no electric devices around it), specific altitude etc… And even that one is not good. No matter how good condition they maintain on it is few ms off. Even Time.is say they are off and they try to improve it.

When i just started at some point i got an extra 2 Experts, i wasn’t sure what it was about, the Available column said -2, so i removed one of them, and then it said -1, so i left it like that.

unknown

Hello,

I’m unable to pickup buy order from exchange. The order has been filled, but when attempting to click on the “FULFILL” button, it just cycles. This is actually the first time I’ve had to “pickup” an order that has been completed at the exchange.

In the websockets message, I get an “ACTION_COMPLETE”, but a null message in the payload with a redirect status.

Ha, nevermind. I’m just dumb. Warehouse is full.

I currently have my base/hq on proxion and have a ship AVI-00ZZ5 that is en route to kiruna. I have MCG on both the ship and in the base at proxion. I went to assign 24 MCG from the inventory on proxion to a HQ upgrade and it took 11 from the base and 13 from the ship. I also assigned BSE, BBH, BDE, BTA, and TRU, which were in both locations as well, but they all issued from just the base. It looks like there is something going on with just the MCG causing it to issue from multiple locations.

Hi,

I currently have 4/3 Active Orders. Happened with recurring order (RAT) not having enough inputs, so I ordered 3 DW and moved them via queue to the top so they moved to active orders. After farm finished producing resources, the RAT in queue triggered and replaced one DW in active order (which is no longer visible as seen in attached picture).

COGC can sometimes report the incorrect program. In this screenshot I’ve personally voted for Pioneers, and it’s leading by votes, yet the COGC buffer reports the wrong campaign as the upcoming one.

I can “fix” it by changing my vote to something else, then re-voting for pioneers. And it will correctly display the leading campaign. This is the 2nd time it’s happened on Danakil, I’ve yet to experience it on any other planet.

Thanks for the bug report! I created a ticket for this!

Thanks for the report! This is a known issue, but we haven’t been able to fix it yet.

I cant start the game, when ever i put in a company name and company code it says illegal arguments

Company code cant be numbers.

It just displaed on Montem for me. Figured I’d add this as another data point, hope it helps.

Something I’ve noticed for a while is the FX orderbooks are really laggy to update. You will see stale orders listed all of the time when that order got filled hours (or days) ago.