Bugs and Improvements

I think i found a bug :
when i was planning my flight, the display was saying 1d3h. Once the flight took of, the display was saying 1d6h. So i decided to abort the flight shortly (like less than a minute) after lauching it to reschedule it at 1d3h. Suddendly I find myself in another system, needing 6 h to come back. No way to abort again, stop where i am and schedule a new flight from my new point in space.

Not a big deal for me, I will likely be losing those 6h and the fuel. The issue I see is that if someone has that bug while short on FTL, that can cause issues.

Thanks for the report! This is a well known bug and will hopefully be gone with the next release!

Ok thks for the answer

An improvement I thought of : When using the PLI or LM command (for example) if you were able to just type the name of the planet it “Montem” instead of having to type xt-699c. It’s difficult to remember all the planet codes, especially if you don’t have a base there already, or just want to check out a planet that people are talking about in one of the chats. This function is able to be used during flights and shipping, but doesn’t seem to be available in the buffer commands. Thanks!

Improvement idea for production queues:

One major complaint from more veteran players with many full bases is that a production queue of length 5 is way too short (especially for resource extraction bases) and requires the player to add to it multiple times a day. However, the devs seem to like having the shorter queue, as it gives newer players more to do in the early game.

What if the Storage Facility also provided, say, +10 slots in the queues for a given base? Storage facilities are not particularly useful until your corp is much larger and wealthier and queue length starts to become an issue, so they’d typically only be built by more veteran players. Perhaps the cost of the storage facility could be slightly increased to compensate as well.

This change also kind of fits in with the game thematically, as one might expect a storage facility could increase the amount of inventory present in the queue.

Just a thought!

you can command PLI than it gives you a research window where you can type montem :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! This is going to be a game changer. I was just trying to type “PLI montem” but this is an easy fix to that. I didn’t realize PLI worked on its own.

Please fix the way fueling works. When I go to the gas station, they can still fill my tank when my trunk is full. I think the simplest way to work is to allow the tank itself of ships present in the system be selectable from the CX trade screen, exactly how the hold is now.

4 Likes

You should be able to close a buffer with the esc button however this does not work as i expected it to.

For instance you need to click on the inside of the buffer before esc works. What i expect to also work:

• If clicking on the wrapper around the buffer (where the title is and the resize options) that should also be enough for esc to work
  • One further i would even expect that pressing esc will close the top buffer / most recent buffer even if your focus is in a buffer on a screen
2 Likes

Population does really weird things that make no sense on some planets. For instance, on WN-476d POPR, Settlers and Technicians have negative happiness, which makes no sense, and Migration and Education numbers are negative even though the text indicates they should be zero or positive only. These look like bugs to me.

(Side note: POPI upkeep is way too expensive, most planets have turned everything off entirely for solely that reason.)

Thanks for the report! The issue with the negative happiness will be fixed within the next few days. We already fixed the Education line in the report:

As you can see it now has two values:

• the first one indicates how many workforces moved up into the current tier (always positive)
  • the second one shows how many workforces moved up into the following tier (always negative, because for the current workforce tier it is a “loss”)
2 Likes

Thanks! Looks awesome.

Seems there’s still a bug with education where “in” can be negative:

It looks like 27 workers got dumber and moved from settler to pioneer? Seems to have messed with the numbers. And one technician got dumber and moved back to settler.

Thanks for the report! I am not sure why this happens, but I will have a look with once the next report is in.

they realized he cheated on his finals! diploma taken away!

1 Like

Can we get some way to do a sort for a bunch of BFRs? Perhaps either a command-line argument or a clickable on the report. Reports like Contracts, CX Orders, and FX Orders would be super useful. Those screens can get pretty messy.

I have the same on FO-705C.
I am telling my self the Engineer was just directly burned out by the amount of work that lay before him (60 open jobs)

All the other numbers make sense now, with the in/out difference, nice job!

When there are massively unemployed populations on planets, why do I have to wait for the population upkeep cycle to employ those populations? It seems completely arbitrary that only some small reserve pool of the unemployed workforce will be available to hire until that time.

2 Likes

Someone brought up today that they took a contract on LM that may not get paid back… the other player has a low rating.

To help passively check the ratings of players before taking a contract, can we get the LM to show the poster’s rating as well as the min rating for players taking a contract?

1 Like

I had a shipper today unable to combine two shipping contracts of 200 NUT and 200 VEG (200m3/220t and 200m3/180t respectively) in their ship.

We found a workaround where I provisioned extra contracts containing 199 units, but I am wondering if there is some issues with floating point math in the inventory system. If this is the case, you might consider changing all units of volume/weight to integers, and divide by 10000 to get decimals up to 5 places for display purposes only.

4 Likes

I have an issue on my Montem base.
When i add all my buildings i should have developped 362 area. But when i go into my base it says 410 developped area. I suppose it s because there was a change in ASM area requirements. When i built mine it was 50 area each, and now it 37.

Is it a bug ? Or do i have to demolish my ASMs and rebuild them ? Or did i made a mistake somewhere ?
Thks for the answer