2021 Prun Community Fitness Challenge

2020 sucked.

In 2021 we are going to show 2020 how much it sucked by beating the crap out of 2021.

The new year is also the best time to impulsively commit to a fitness regime - by doing this together we can share in each other’s victories to help drive us to keeping up with our goals!

During 2021 we will be participating in challenges for multiple bodyweight exercises.

For the first week of 2021, we are doing 7.26 (rounded) of each of our chosen exercises. For each subsequent week, we will be incrementing our weekly target by 7.26. So our first 4 weeks’ targets will be:

• Week 1: 7
  • Week 2: 15
  • Week 3: 22
  • Week 4: 29

These values can be adjusted linearly in levels. Level 0.25 is an increment of 1.815, whilst level 3 is an increment of 21.78

Bodyweight exercises that fit this format well are

• Pushups
  • Pullups
  • Crunches
  • Squats
  • Dips
  • Lunges
  • Star-jumps
  • Burpees

We’ve got a group on Fitocracy so we can track all of our exercises and get (real) fake internet points.

And because we are a bunch of (soon to be buff) nerds, we’ve got a spreadsheet template to help with data mining.

Safety always comes first, so focus more on proper form than on total completed. We can change levels throughout the year if necessary.

If you can’t do a pushup yet, you can do them against a wall or table, or do them on your knees - the same goes for other exercises. There’s no shame in doing what you can - the most important thing is to participate!

If people are keen, we could choose a charity (or charities) that we could raise money and awareness for by completing these challenges.

1 Like

Here is a screenshot showing the weekly targets for the first 26 weeks when completing a level 1 challenge:

I’m in. Need to get rid of this 2020 20.

1 Like

Who would be up for a publicly shared spreadsheet? Share the motivation?

1 Like

I’ll be sharing screen caps. My sheet has 6-8 tabs. I’ll get around to making a summary page for the template at some point. That could help make it easier. Also fitocracy works well for following how we each do.

It would be really awesome to have a monthly tally of everyone involved though.

As long as no one starts publicly sharing their “progress

1 Like

We’ll hold a “triceps of PrUn” event later on… :smile:

You mean “brogress”?

2 Likes

Where are we actually putting our names down and logging this “brogress”?

@Prdgi has a spreadsheet floating around somewhere too.

Ah, I’ve started ysterday. I’ve just copied the spreadsheet to my Goodgle drive and started to fill it in.
Will check the Fitocracy in a moment.
Thanks @Prdgi for the initiative!

1 Like

And I balked (at least for now) before the need to create yet another account on yet anothee site…

1 Like

I bit the bullet and joined up today. Thanks for the template. I’ve decided to try:
Squats Level 4
Pushups Level 2
Pullups Level 0.5 (these are hard but I really want to be better for rock climbing goals)

And to keep me honest here’s my spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pzWbxm3QQs5P7FvmaIq1-8VDt0SY-nX14IH7CRmCzjU/edit?usp=sharing

Also, for my own record, I’m starting out at ~260lbs. No, I’m not that strong, just pretty tall at 6’3". :wink:

Go Team!

1 Like