Suggestions and Ideas

2 posts were split to a new topic: Thoughts on shipping/ship building

To post a bulletin a fee will be necessary. The fees may go to a faction (if the market is located in a faction space) or to some other entity. Eventually we want corporations to control some aspects of planets and systems and therefore taxes could go to the dominating corporation. What makes a corporation dominating over others is up to debate though.

3 Likes

Are there near-future plans to allow a corp to maintain a brief bio?

When you view a corp with “corps” command, I feel that it would be useful for a corp to be able to provide some public information such as their purpose, services offered, contact procedures and methods etc.

Yes, that and a public list of all corporations.

2 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Inter-player contracts in next Alpha?

I like the command line interface for opening buffers. Is there any plan to expand it into a scripting language for plotting or calculating information:

E.G. typing
VAL $BSE.NC1 / $FE.NC1 -1 to get the profit ratio of creating BSEs in NC1 station
LINE $BSE.NC1 $FE.NC1 to plot the relationship between the two

2 Likes

10 H20 is 10 tons. (1 ton per H20)

10 H20 turns into 7 Drinking Water at the food processor, which is then 0.7 tons (.1 ton per DW).

10 tons turned into 0.7 tons when the water was purified! Thus 93% of the water was pollutants that needed to be removed apparently. :smiley:

(But more seriously):
I think the recipe should be 10->10. People aren’t producing drinking water even though the price is stuck at the MM price of 63 because its not very profitable.

Also, H20 should be .1 ton as well, if DW is .1 ton. This would make it shippable. At present it makes no sense to ship water because its too heavy, especially with the newly changed higher fuel costs.

I moved your post into this thread, @Alexfrog!

As for the balancing issues, I think @dbltnk should look into that.

A post was split to a new topic: Population Mechanic

As a suggestion for the commodity exchanges:

1. Comparison between cxs
    A comparison table would be nice, in fact same as cx is for a single exchange, but with the prices of multiple exchanges next to each other. The head and rows (and selection) would remain same, but the columns would show the numbers of different cxs. (maybe just a selection: price / ask&bid / amount)
    (of course the currency has to be noted in the head of the table for the different cxs)
    This could be especially helpful as soon as user exchanges (?name?) come into the game and would support traders.

2. Userdefined list of items
    Most players have some goods they trade more often than others. Maybe have another selection “list” in the dropdown: “user”, where everybody can add specific items?

1 Like

I like them both and have put them on The List!

That being said, I’m not sure how much of the restriction on direct comparisons between commodity exchanges is by design.

while the 3d planet model in the PLI screen is obviously a placeholder, I think it’d be nice if the colour of each plot was darker the more developed it is for the final version.

3 Likes

A little suggestion regarding “contracts” (as the devs are working on that atm):

please do not have just “goods vs money”-contracts, but also “goods vs goods”.

Example:
manufactoring MHL in your WEL, but you need Iodine (and others) as input…
-> have a contract "delivering 4 MHL after 4 days after receiving 4 HE, 4 FE and 4 I and 2.000 ICA"
So a business partner can deliver the required ressources and pay someone to do manufatoring for him.

3 Likes

Another small suggestion:

When buying, under “Storage location”: not just give the transponder but also the given name of the ship?!

Are you sure your ship is named? When I select a storage location, it shows only the ship’s name. Could you maybe take a screenshot? :slightly_smiling_face:

wow, tried it directly after renaming: there was still the transponder (the buffer was new though)
now: name…
maybe something was not refreshed…? nevermind… closed

1 Like

Some rough thoughts and ideas:

• experts are gained quite fast, this should be slower (5 professions maxed out in 2 months?) or the number should be multiplied by 10 (50 experts = 28.4 % bonus though)

• experts should be limited if they are not used (e.g. max 1…6 unused experts), so one cannot switch all the time depending on a current focus…?

• to encourage trade over “multiple bases for multiple goods”, maybe have a specialization in “management” that applies to all bases (similar to experts per base)?

Thanks for your suggestions. :slightly_smiling_face: I put the first two up for discussion, but I’m not sure I understand the third. How, where and in which way would that specialization take effect?

Third:

Additional to those experts “per base” you have some “management”, that applies to your whole company.

First possibility: same mechanism as per base, you have max. 6 experts, they give similar additional bonus… (e.g. 5 experts for agri in your company, one base has also 5 agri experts, that gives +28.4% for global, +28.4% for local)

Second possibility: A little different, maybe more interesting (?): Lets say you have three (?) slots for “management experts” (not per base, but for your company). You could think of everything like them beeing for hire from market, having required “levels” (depending on your max. tier building), having daily costs (salary), giving unique bonuses ("+10% on FP-output", “+50% on EXT efficiency for ALO”,…), number and “strength” depending on the level? They could also “develop” and level up, if you fire them, they go to the market…

1 Like

Regarding the CX-Links in chat:

Maybe have another Tags besides e.g. BDE.IC1 which will display a link and the current “market” price (which is from previous trades):

BDE.IC1.Ask
BDE.IC1.Bid

with the current highest/lowest Ask/Bid-price?

Makes announcing sales / buys easier…

2 Likes