Suggestions and Ideas

Glad you like the changes so far! I don’t know if you saw, molp also shared the first page of the new setup process in a dev log a few weeks ago.

The ability to peek into the galaxy and some sort of up-to-date, curated and/or community-voted “most wanted” package or industry are both on our radar, although I’m not sure either will make it into the next test. I’ll put your other suggestions on The List™. :smile: Cheers!

Hello Community and Devs,

I would like to share some idea which I was thinking while we wait for big reset.

1st of all this is just concept which in basic don't sound like a part of this type of game, but please don't judge to quickly and try to contribute in this topic because this could affect lot of a game play.

So lets start.

If in begging of game all universe is mostly unknown to us, and we only know which resources we have at our starting planets. So in this scenario there would be need for new type of players, something like “Explorers”.

Explorers will have starting space ships which they can use to explore surrounding Planets and Asteroid belts. Explorers will take their ships and fly to them, use some sort of equipment on their ship to explore stellar bodies and collect information about resources. Planets bodies will have permanent resources as they already have, but asteroids will have limited amount of resources.
In order to have continues need for explorers, asteroids will be randomly spawn in systems, so there will be always something to explore.
Result of exploration can be stored in some type of DataCard which can be offered on market and who have money and wish to do some mining of different ores or even catching Ice asteroids to deliver it to planets without water resource, could be interesting to see how this temporally boost of water can affect price on markets.
How many there should be Asteroids and Planets with resources on them is something which need to be balanced.
In order to give Explorers more different type of jobs beside resources exploration, they can also encounter some rear things in Universe like Alien monoliths, derelicts, anomalyes or something like that. And researching them you can find some expansive things which could be sold on markets.
Explorers should also have possibility to have bases on planets and produce resources. Only different is when they leave planets on their exploration ship, production efficiency in base will drop down to some percent in order to balance game for other players who don’t have exploration ships and chose different path of game.

So next question what about asteroids, in this concept we also need to implement new type of ships in order to mine ore from Asteroids.
So player who chose to work with ore extraction could buy DataCard from Explorers at the market. Take their mining ship, travel to Asteroid and do a resource extraction on them.
So while you are out in space and do resource mining on asteroid. You will also have production efficiency drop in order to balance game.

This is just a concept which can be interested to think about, especially because there is a lot of space for improvement and adding new stuff.

This concept is maybe not scenario for this type of game, but can be interesting and unique concept for this type of game :smile:

Please think about this and use your creativity to contribute and improve this idea.
Cheers!

2 Likes

What you describe here is pretty much exactly what I pitch to @martin on a regular basis! We will get there eventually!

3 Likes

mockups for production screens

5 Likes

I like new idea for planed reset.
Just would like to add some my ideas and proposals to think about.

1. Regarding idea for adding Tir2 commodities in order to achieve 100% of efficiency:
  • What if Tir2 commodities need will start to be active when you achieve more than for example 200 of Pioneers.
  • Luxuries should not be limited to only some Tier2 commodities, I think all Tier2 commodities can be used to achieve 100% in this way you will give different production possibilities to companies which depends of materials on that planet/market.
  • What if you can use Tie3 commodities to get efficiency boost, For example 10% of boost if you already fulfilled other needs.
  1. Regarding private exchange, I like the idea but would like also:
  • Private exchange should have some sort of Tax paying in order to make official purchase.
  • What if there can be commodities which is forbidden on some planets, in that way there can be possible to look for black market exchange in order to get buy/sell of that commodities.
  • In order to combine this with proposal 1. you can achieve more than 10% of boost if you get those products for your workers.
  1. In order to get use of Tax paying which would be collected by planet government. When enough taxes has been collected players can vote in order to chose how to use them on that planet. Like to start some global project on that planet for example Building space station or improving some of planet resources like searching for Ores, improving Planet quality to achieve better soil fertility, building observatory in order to see which ores can be find on planets in that system, etc.

This can give more possibilities to get materials for lot of proposals from pre-resset video like:

• Who use black market can get negative points,
  • Players can have more different commodities to build,
  • Players will have possibility to work together in order to build up planets in order to achieve better results,

I have filling when I start to write this post, that there is no end of possibilities and ideas of what can be implemented. Lets end it here for now and give others time to think about this and maybe offer some their impression or ideas.

Good luck!
:globe_with_meridians:

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Thoughts on shipping/ship building

To post a bulletin a fee will be necessary. The fees may go to a faction (if the market is located in a faction space) or to some other entity. Eventually we want corporations to control some aspects of planets and systems and therefore taxes could go to the dominating corporation. What makes a corporation dominating over others is up to debate though.

3 Likes

Are there near-future plans to allow a corp to maintain a brief bio?

When you view a corp with “corps” command, I feel that it would be useful for a corp to be able to provide some public information such as their purpose, services offered, contact procedures and methods etc.

Yes, that and a public list of all corporations.

2 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Inter-player contracts in next Alpha?

I like the command line interface for opening buffers. Is there any plan to expand it into a scripting language for plotting or calculating information:

E.G. typing
VAL $BSE.NC1 / $FE.NC1 -1 to get the profit ratio of creating BSEs in NC1 station
LINE $BSE.NC1 $FE.NC1 to plot the relationship between the two

2 Likes

10 H20 is 10 tons. (1 ton per H20)

10 H20 turns into 7 Drinking Water at the food processor, which is then 0.7 tons (.1 ton per DW).

10 tons turned into 0.7 tons when the water was purified! Thus 93% of the water was pollutants that needed to be removed apparently. :smiley:

(But more seriously):
I think the recipe should be 10->10. People aren’t producing drinking water even though the price is stuck at the MM price of 63 because its not very profitable.

Also, H20 should be .1 ton as well, if DW is .1 ton. This would make it shippable. At present it makes no sense to ship water because its too heavy, especially with the newly changed higher fuel costs.

I moved your post into this thread, @Alexfrog!

As for the balancing issues, I think @dbltnk should look into that.

A post was split to a new topic: Population Mechanic

As a suggestion for the commodity exchanges:

1. Comparison between cxs
    A comparison table would be nice, in fact same as cx is for a single exchange, but with the prices of multiple exchanges next to each other. The head and rows (and selection) would remain same, but the columns would show the numbers of different cxs. (maybe just a selection: price / ask&bid / amount)
    (of course the currency has to be noted in the head of the table for the different cxs)
    This could be especially helpful as soon as user exchanges (?name?) come into the game and would support traders.

2. Userdefined list of items
    Most players have some goods they trade more often than others. Maybe have another selection “list” in the dropdown: “user”, where everybody can add specific items?

1 Like

I like them both and have put them on The List!

That being said, I’m not sure how much of the restriction on direct comparisons between commodity exchanges is by design.

while the 3d planet model in the PLI screen is obviously a placeholder, I think it’d be nice if the colour of each plot was darker the more developed it is for the final version.

3 Likes

A little suggestion regarding “contracts” (as the devs are working on that atm):

please do not have just “goods vs money”-contracts, but also “goods vs goods”.

Example:
manufactoring MHL in your WEL, but you need Iodine (and others) as input…
-> have a contract "delivering 4 MHL after 4 days after receiving 4 HE, 4 FE and 4 I and 2.000 ICA"
So a business partner can deliver the required ressources and pay someone to do manufatoring for him.

3 Likes

Another small suggestion:

When buying, under “Storage location”: not just give the transponder but also the given name of the ship?!

Are you sure your ship is named? When I select a storage location, it shows only the ship’s name. Could you maybe take a screenshot? :slightly_smiling_face: