Release Notes - 2021.4

I’ve been seeing a lot of ‘chicken and egg’ issues with progress this universe: inertia to building stuff until the demand/supply is there, and both are often lacking initially so discouraging going up the tiers for any individual player. Creating demand using MMs will encourage players to build TEC+ stuff in these chains and give confidence it’ll pay back. In later universes the Devs may need to make teching up inherently attractive, but for now these MMs are necessary. Otherwise the only people progressing will be integrated corps progressing purely for the achievement of it, by building expensive, under-utilised buildings and bases.

3 Likes

These MMs do not Stimulate the economy.

They are totally killing it. You Ruin most supply chains by arbitrary high MMs. Starting at the STR. This will neither Stimulate it nor Encourage any technolgical Progression.

It will just make some people very rich and alot will receive a totally fucked economy, because why should anyone continue to make prefabs?

Please, what is your goal here?

I just see alot of headaches and extremely unbalanced numbers.

1 Like

I’m not against adding new MM for buildings that don’t see much use, as I know a handful of people who tore some of their Buildings down after running them for a while. The FS is one of those. The BMP is not.

My issue is that some of the MMs you added appear way too profitable. UTS only needs FE & SFK (which also only need FE), so comparing it’s ROI to BBH & BSE (which also have MMs) seems very valid to me. Neither does STR – even with AL at 600 and PE at 6, that’s still a 8.5d ROI. (Again, not even taking luxury Consumables, Experts or CoGC bonuses into account here)

2 Likes

Just purchased all AL on MOR, gonna make some juicy STR money now. Cheers! o7

1 Like

The STR MM will utterly destroy anyone trying to use a PP2, and would send MCG prices to the moon if there were enough AL for that. The opportunity cost alone (i.e. the profit you could make selling STR to the MM instead) is more than MCG currently costs.

1 Like

yea the Ifap market wil go up a lot since AL on cx wil skyrocket

IMO, MM’s should ONLY be profitable in the case of severe deflation. It allows some ability to get rid of some inventory at a loss, and provides a currency injection when “needed”. I also disagree with injecting and removing currency.

My humble recommendations:

SUD: 85k
SDR: 75k
SRD: 60k is fine (figured this was a good starting point)
CCD: 60k
RED: 50k

CBL: 87k is fine
CBM: 60k is fine
CBS: 35k is fine
SP: just remove, nobody has ever wanted more SP MMs.
POW: just remove, these can be turned into drones.

ADR: 42k
STR: 1.1k
UTS: 2.9k

EDC: 17.5k
IDC: 25k

AIR: 315k

LOG: 100k
CC: 700k
CRU: 350k
FFC: 525k
LIS: 850k
LOG: 100k
WR: 250k

NV1: 300k
NV2: 350k (Yes, the NV2 is basically the same price as an NV1, and NV1s are kind of worthless)

They are closer to Corlis’s recommendations than to existing prices. Mine are about 60% higher in value on average only because I chose to do relative prices around the DRS-SRD recipe being 60k (which is what it is in game). But relatively speaking, they are similar in their ratio to each other.

IMHO, you can probably scale my numbers back by 30% across the board and it would not make a difference at all, it’d still be good.

I don’t know why the prices for NV1, NV2, CC, CRU, FFC, LIS, LOG, and WR weren’t adjusted in the patch, but I also included recommendations there.

I’m a bit wary of IDC/EDC. An SL generates 1 IDC per day under 100% efficiency. At Corlis’s 40k/IDC that would equate to 26 BSE per day for each SL. Eventually we will have scientists and that would be a problem.

3 Likes

agreed my IDC and EDC are too high for longterm.I calculated under 25% workforce conditions, because my expectations is that the first scientists will be heavly fought over.

Does this update affect non-pro players?

Thanks for all the new features dev team :slight_smile:

Do you think counterpoint could introduce the filter system into the Contracts (CONTS) page like he did in the new LM Filters. I would like to filter out fulfilled contracts so I don’t have to scroll down and see what I have open still.

The market disruptions caused by the new MM orders will affect everyone. It might be good for you if you sell AL or make anything in a BMP, awful if you were planning on expanding into settler buildings.

I just patched the server again:

• The HQ command should finally work for everyone
  • I fixed a bug that locked players out of their companies when demolishing a base
  • We adjusted the market makers for SP (1500), UTS (3000) and STR (1000) once more

Thanks for adjusting those prices.

Could you in future announce numbers when adjusting prices instead of just saying which prices changed? Saves us all the time for opening the CX Buffers to find out ourselves (we are all lazy here, right?), and if you added them to the initial announcement it might have saved us some of the fallout that resulted of this. (And me my investment into AL :P)

2 Likes

I’m buying Iron to produce straight UTS. I took all my SFKs off the market to this end.