Custom Contracts

One “danger” of enabling this might be that LMs would pull more trade from the CXs and thus make the game more difficult and/or empty for new/non-paying players. I guess thematically speaking, the CX operators might forbid trade outside their CX at the location.

Maybe allowing this would be cool option to have once we have player-run CXs though. :slight_smile:

Hm interesting, understandable.

Maybe player-run LM stations :thinking:
Maybe planet policies that regulate LM usage. (e.g. Can only create buy ads when WAR but no BASE)

1 Like

Player run LM stations I’d put as actual space stations maybe on the FTL orbit of a system limited to one per system.
Putting them there would encourage inter-system trading while not restricting the current planet based markets, it would also increase the need for STL ships and shipping to transfer cargo from planet market/bases to the LM hub.

Cut and paste for m my discord:

The point I’m making is “Collateral”

Change prun so that the person creating the contract nominates a $ value for collateral (ie the value of the goods in the contract)

The person accepting the courier contract must pay that $ value into an escrow. If he completes the contract Successfully then he gets his collateral refunded along with the completion payout offered. If he fails the contract then he looses his collateral which is paid in compensation to the vendor.

So to end the problem of people stealing courier cargos the vendors just have to make the collateral value higher than the value of the goods being contracted.

By saying Eve and scam in the same sentence I was trying to highlight that the problems that happen in Eve with contracts WON’T happen in this game because there is no combat.

Additional suggestion, ships need to be able to transport other ships and contracts would be an easy way to do it. A lot of people build “Puddle Jumpers” ship without FTL because they are much cheaper and for shipyard systems with lots of settled planets not wasting money on FTL is a good idea, but obviously limited application. If ships (both FTL and non-FTL could be transported in contract packages then a player could order a ship from another corp and it can be delivered to a system of their choice.

Fixes for problems I can foresee.
Ships in a contract “package” can only be loaded/unloaded from a station of planet (same as normal goods)
If the contract is failed (intentionally or not) then the ownership of the vesssel remains with the original buyer (i.e. it can’t be stolen) and they can always find it (e.g. find my iphone) so if a vessel is stranded in an incorrect system because of a failed contract the owner can always get to it to refuel it or to create a new contract for its delivery.
for an STL only ship the owner should be able to contract the delivery to themselves should they wish, but in 99% of cases it would make sense for the corp that built the ship to also deliver it if required.

It would be cool to subcontract a company solely to produce a good.

You’ll provide the input materials
Subontractor produces the goods ( defined in contract )
Subontractor delivers thee goods
You pay a production fee.

This could lead to better utilisation / sharing of production capabilities, even for low level players.

Furthermore a subcontractor can advertise his abilities on LM for example.

Often you are able to produce the needed input materials but do not have a corresponding production facility e.g. CLF. Instead of producing the input materials, selling them on the market and buy the needed materials ( HMS) you can provide a subcontractor and it’s produced for you.

1 Like

I would like to give support to the following for custom contracts:

• Include more than one commodity in a single contract

For example, if you’re always selling/buying HCP+MAI+GRN (or RAT ingredients, etc) in a balanced amount, it’s annoying to have 3 contracts.

Same for shipping - it would be nice to have a single shipping contract for multiple goods, instead of having to create several.

6 Likes