Community Awards July, 2021 - Nominations

Welcome to the PrUn Community Awards July, 2021 nomination period!

Here are the awards for this month:

Community Contribution (July, 2021)

Who should be recognised for their contribution to our community?

Type: People’s Choice

Prizes:

Positive Culture (July, 2021)

Some people make things better just by being present.

Prizes:

• 200 DW (FIOC)
  • 200 RAT (FIOC)
  • 1000 SF (FIOC)

Galactic Development (July, 2021)

Has there been a galactic first? Has a large project succeeded?

Type: Coordinator’s Choice

Prizes:

Player of the Month (July, 2021)

Has someone done something noteworthy or notorious this month? Who has had the most impact on the game?

Prizes:

Excellence in Governorship (July, 2021)

Sometimes government can be a good thing. Which governor is setting the standard this month?

Prizes:

The Toolies (July, 2021)

Saganaki always wins. This is awarded to whoever comes second.

Type: Developer’s Choice

Prizes:

Important Information

About the PrUn Community Awards

The PrUn Community Awards occur on a monthly basis. They are designed to allow the community to recognise those players who have made a significant impact, positive or negative, on the game or community.

The awards are coordinated by the following players:

• Prdgi

Duration of the Nomination and Voting periods.

The nomination period shall run for the duration of the calendar month. Expect variance of up to 1 day due to time zones.

The voting period shall run for 7 days from creation of the polls.

Nomination process

Nominations must occur in this thread to be considered valid.

Nominations must contain the following details:

• The name of the player being nominated
  • The award/s for which the player is being nominated
  • The reason for nomination, including details.

Polls will link back to the nomination so that voters can make informed decisions. It is important that you ‘sell’ the nominee as worthy of the prize.

Nomination Guidelines

• Unless specified by an award, players may not nominate themselves for any award.
  • Generic nominations ( ‘I nominate them for all the awards…’) will not be accepted.
  • Nominations for any awards coordinators for any award will not be accepted.

Prize Sponsorship

Players may pledge funds or materials towards any existing award by contacting a member of the coordinating team.

Players may establish additional awards by contacting a member of the coordinating team. Those wishing to establish an award should be willing to provide financial or material sponsorship for the award.

Prize Types

Prizes may consist of any combination of

• Financial
  • Material
Prize Claiming

In order to claim financial or material prizes, the winner must be able to utilize the Local Market mechanic. This means that a player must have a PRO license in order to claim a financial or material prize.

2 Likes

Current Nominations:

The Toolies (July, 2021)

I nominate Derelict, or “derelict.” as he styles himself, for the Positive Culture award. He seems to always be around, helping newbies. He’s patient with their questions, good humoured, and his periodic debris™ brand ration advertisements are hilarious and promote lots of friendly banter in the chat.

6 Likes

Toolies for @jacuribu and his prunner program

Toolies for @kovus and the UFO bot

Community contribution to the UFO organizers team (Which I recall was mostly saganaki, slomes, Michionlion and Piboy314)

2 Likes

Community contribution: Slomes. coloring all those names is hard work. plus just look at that UFO logo.

Positive Culture: Ficks_Dinkum and Zizzleswomp. Ficks always seems to be monitoring the help chat and giving clear, knowledgeable answers. and Zizzle has been eager and capable as a new player to lend enthusiasm and insight to conversations in the in-game chat.

Galactic Development: idk which shadow organization has made the biggest gains in galactic development, but i’ve certainly enjoyed watching Fuyutsuki bring several new products to market :slight_smile:

Player of the Month: Twilight Sentinel for his continued conversations/ideas about game mechanics, exploration of new recipes, and public discussion of the pros and cons of different recipes, strategies, and expansion plans.

Excellence in Governorship: i may be a little partial, but DanX for his laid back benevolent leadership, reasoned and patient consideration of options, and drive for citizen inclusion in decision making.

The Toolies: gotta be Jacuribu for PRUNner :slight_smile: honorable mention to the tireless efforts of the group on PCT to reverse engineer the complex formulas that drive PrUn calculations.

4 Likes

The Universe thanks you, @Ficks_Dinkum, for your monumental contribution to science and industry. Tales will be told of your greatness across the cosmos until entropy goes to 0.

(If it’s not obvious, I’m nominating @Ficks_Dinkum for Positive Culture. He’s always helpful in chat and quippy, which is a good trait in a game about space spreadsheets)

It has certainly been an adventure. The FS has already broken even and is now in the profit region as long as people keep buying SFKs and MFKs. No one has yet purchased the lonely BFRs in Moria, so logically I am making another one to round out the set to make a RAG.

Ironically, I came onto the forums to discuss my plans for a Cleanroom and ECA now that the SP MM is gone.

I appreciate your nomination and look forward to continuing to serve the universe through the market into the future.

1 Like

I’d like to nominate 3brx for notorious: having stolen lfabs for the Phobos CoGC.

Naturally, this makes me ineligible for excellence in governorship, in advance.

2 Likes

I’d like to make (or at least second) the following nominations

• Unified Faction Operations Team - For rescuing my discord sanity.

• With a base on Deimos, it’s hard to find any nominations for this one…
  • However, Joronimo could fall into this category (reasons below).

• Joronimo, for bringing together a collective of operatives on Proxion to create the electronics required for COGC construction. Proxion now has her COGC, with Gibson and Katoa soon to get theirs also.
    But it is the fact this was done on Proxion, with members of different corp or indeed independents that makes this truly remarkable.

• Madnewmy. No explanation required.

• Slomes, for stepping up to take control of Deimos when it was about to crumble.
  • Also to StelioKontos, for running the most successful bidding system PrUn has seen so far.

The Toolies (July, 2021)

• Hollo, for picking up and continuing work on the PMMG Beautifier when Yarek(fx) has been too busy to.
1 Like

:dagger: (this post must be at least 20 characters)

1 Like

The nominations period for PrUn Community Awards - July, 2021 is now closed.

Thankyou to everyone who put forward their nominations!