Bugs and Improvements

The new contract system is promising, but I think there are too many notifications. When you get a new set of contracts, it only needs one notification, instead of three. Currently the cancellation notification only appears once, which seems fine.

Also, maybe they can aggregate in the same way that production orders do. So there is a single “New contracts available” notification which appears, and if the player doesn’t log in for a while, and those contracts are cancelled and replaced with new ones in the meantime, that single notification just stays there. Instead of showing “You have new contracts.” “Oh, they were cancelled.” “But now you have more new contracts!” as a series of unnecessary updates to the status.

Of course, if this would be a lot of work to fit into the way the notification code works, then it’s probably not worth it. Only getting one notification for new contracts instead of three seems like an easy change though.

Yes I observed something similar last week, had a LM buffer open for some time, and when I wanted to have a look at the listings, it turned out they had already been accepted by someone else. Only when opening the ads they would vanish from the list.

Having both a Warehouse location and a cargo ship at a station, selecting the “Cargo” of the ship as destionation for a BUY order still results in the materials being sent to the Warehouse:

For each item in the warehouse, I actually selected the Ship as destionation (as shown in buffer). Still they each ended up in the warehouse.

1 Like

It seems to me that the choice of warehouse only matters for the choice of where the goods for sale lie. And the purchase in priority will fall to the station’s warehouse so that loading the ship is a conscious choice. Depending on the proportions of the cargo.

Uhh I was just able to successfully run for governor of a planet, I don’t have a base on, when I am already governor of another planet.

Attempting to withdraw from the race provides an error:

I’m running PrUn on web, so this might be a web thing, but as the number of communication channels I’ve interacted with increases on my account, the COM buffer lags more and more. Maybe the devs could provide users an option to delete direct messages, or optimize the sorting algorithm for the communication channel lists, so it lags less? (or both)?

1 Like

Found a bug in the production queue notifications. If you have two processes finish at the same time (from the same queue) resulting in two different items then only one is reported.
This is one case where the additional notifiction is wanted.

with the new restriction on CX prices, older orders are difficult to match when buying.
Clicking on the lowest sell order and clicking buy will generate a buy order in these instances.

If an item is listed for 2222, when you set that as your buy price the system now rounds it to 2220 which is below the required price for that order and the buy fails.

make it 2230 ? you still pay the 2222

And once all of the old, stale orders are cleared from the orderbooks this will no longer be an issue.

That is indeed the answer but you have to enter the value manually as clicking set gives you the 2220 which fails.

Not sure if it’s a font thing on my end or server end; but on the website the word ‘license’ looks like it’s mis-spelled. It’s not, as if you strip out the fonts it is correct.

There’s also the fact that you have to refresh for ads to update, at least when they get taken/expire. Presumably this is also the case when a company COLIQs.

If I could have another soapbox for a moment, do you think we could get some tools to manage orders in CXOS? Providing liquidity to other people in PRUN is pretty important, but this list is a nightmare:

Some ideas:

1. Text entry field, I can type the symbol and it filters everything to that input. I think “any” filter type is better than “all” here, biasing to more results is better.

2. Sorting of columns. Finding orders across different exchanges is really difficult especially when you trade the same pairs. Some way to filter to only see Hortus or Moria or Benten orders would make finding that one specific order a lot easier. I think the sorting system that exists within INV would work just fine here.

This is also because there are times where I would rather sort by CXOS list by ticker symbol, rather than age.

1. Having an order “edit” function would really go a long way. Changing the text to icons would save formatting space, and hitting the edit button would allow in-line editing. Here’s a example of how that would look:

Instead of coding a new matching engine order type (modify), simply behind-the-scenes automating the process of cancel → post new order with new information that is hidden behind the above interface is the easier way to accomplish this.

I understand #3 might be a lot more custom and work intensive so I have infinite understanding of it not being priority relative to new gameplay features. So I’d categorize having filtering tools to be far more impactful and important, along with them being easier to implement in the first place.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Yes I second point number three; It is very tedious to have to cancel, and then relist an item just because either a. I was outbid or b. another shipment just arrived to sell.

1 Like

I second this issue. We need to know if this is intended or not. If intended then the message within the community should be “always demolish unless you have a special need to repair”. Or documentation should be clear about this to avoid confusing and frustrating new players.

This profession suitability needs to be way, way more prominently displayed for new users. New players can, and still do, pick wrong. It’s still extremely common to find a new player on a totally unsuitable planet struggling to survive because they didn’t know any better & never saw this.

Do you think we could move the “unload” button for the ships further to the right?

I keep accidentally hitting it when I am trying to aim for FLY, unloading my ship, causing me to re-do everything.

2 Likes

Bug report
I have a PRO license but cannot start a program as gov of planet, tried closing out of apex and reopening it and trying again, it replicated the issue. I did become gov (again) just 4 hours ago, and I have been gov in past and started programs successfully, so I know I am doing it correctly.

I know this is not an issue with my PRO license status, as I just tested and successfully sent a private contract to another player.

It seems you somehow managed to be governor of two planets, which should not be possible.

Please wait the 2d13h until the term at sheol ends and try to run that program again. Please let me know if it works or not.

1 Like