Bugs and Improvements

I’m not 100% on this, (and I don’t want to spam any chats in order to confirm) but I think that PU doesn’t remove chat messages and hide old ones behind the ‘load more’ button until you change screen / reload the page. I did a quick test by checking the topmost message and then sending 1 new one; the topmost message was still there.

This is fine in theory but for me, I tend to leave PU open in a tab, and I’ve noticed that tab crashing often (few times a day). I think it’s because after a few hundred (or thousands of?) messages have buffered up in a chat window, firefox has difficulty parsing PU’s layout. Can anyone confirm/deny?

I only noticed this because I tried a CTRL+F on a screen with multiple chats in and firefox crashed the tab. Doing the same on a fresh page load is fine, but then after hitting ‘load more’ a few times I was able to replicate the crash.

I run Chrome, I leave APEX running 24\7 and this tab hasn’t been restarted in >48hr.

This is just shy of 100 lines of history before it hits the load more. Which as far as I can tell does automagically function in a way which yours doesn’t. I don’t have hundreds of messages buffered when I wake up in the morning.

The only APEX crashes I’ve experienced are from running PMMG which I’m currently diagnosing which module is causing.

You may have found a Firefox bug. Are you running any addons? FIO? PMMG?

Nah no extensions or userscripts. I’m curious, if you stay scrolled up and wait for someone to send a message, do you see the top message disappear?

I suppose it could be that it hides some after a threshold, like if the game loads 100 on pageload, and then hides some after it reaches 150 or something.

Sharing some discussion and feedback that happened on the UFO server. We talk about these things but I want to make sure they’re documented in the right place:

1 Like

Idea for the new player experience.

Problem: New players contribute their starting materials to POPI when they A) really shouldn’t B) can’t afford to and C) already pay taxes on.

Suggestion: popup which tells\warns accounts who are not governor that contributing to population infrastructure or COGC “may not be necessary”, “this is not one of your buildings”, “this is the governors job”, etc, etc.

P.S: Popup only shows up on starter worlds with govenors, so that us older players don’t get spammed with it when we’re upkeeping our own outposts without an ADM.

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Disadvantages of the plot system

FLT gets (randomly) sorted anytime you build a new ship. Nothing is where I remember it anymore! I think this is a new bug\behavior as this wasn’t the case before the cargo hold size labels were added a few months ago. It used to be sorted by age (a.k.a transponder code).

If the default sorting were by cargo hold size, where 3k\1k ships were grouped together, 2k\2k ships grouped together I would be instantly gracious.

Left, old
New, right

1 Like

Android, Firefox. Whenever the keyboard is brought up to type into a chat channel, it gets scrolled all the way to the top and must be scrolled back down again yourself. Same thing when they keyboard goes away, the chat scrolls to the top again.

Additionally the chat entry field often blocks the most recent messages while entering something into it.

Several issues with the FX market:

1. the orderbook will cross if you place an order which would match multiple other orders as only the first order gets executed (not pictured)
  2. the orderbook does not display correct quantities after trades have been matched
  3. the CXPC for all FX markets broke a long while ago
  4. might not be a bad idea to implement tick size changes to the FX market. Typical trading range is 0.9 to 1.1; so it doesn’t need a sigfig rule. I think 10bp would be perfectly suitable here (higher than the 1bp that it currently is).

etc

P.S should combine orderbooks across the same trading pairs. If I place an order on NCC/ICA orderbook, it should also be reflected on the ICA/NCC book. No need for two separate orderbooks for the same trading pair. Or, just get rid of one of the two duplicates.

1 Like

I’d like to join in on everything lowstrife said with de-duplicating the FX order books being the most important part imo, and add on that the interface for placing orders as well definitely needs improvement. It’s easy to be unsure which direction the exchange is going and I have to double check that I’m reading the interface right. I’ve made no mistakes yet but this order interface is the one I have to spend the most time in per order.

In the FLT buffer can we get an additional status: Shipyard for when an upgrade is in progress. Would be nice it the Shipyard job finish time also reflected in ETA

1 Like

I noticed a strange behaviour when calculating fuel cost. I have a standart beginner’s ship (empty). I set destination from Promitor to Boucher. Set both fuel bars to the minimums. And then noticed that if My SF fuel tank is alost full, travel takes 2 days and few hours. But if I remove half of the fuel from the tank then travel takes almost twice as long. Lighter tank => longer journey. Fuel consumption at the same time does not change. Looks quite odd, probably not intended behavour.

The SF fuel slider is based on the amount of fuel in the tank not the tank size. You’d have to ask Molp why that is.

my COMU buffer with @Alblaka got wiped for no reason/warning whatsoever.
good feature though, devs please let us delete COMU buffers from the COM buffer, helps free up valuable screen and RAM real estate by deleting players that you don’t trade with much anymore/spammers posting random DMs to annoy you (+ 98 other reasons I can’t be bothered to think of right now).

@molp
The next Danakil CoGC program is a… pioneer education event…?
(also read my above “ticket”)

Change your vote again and it will display correctly.

Also, regardless of what it may incorrectly say, it will still run the correct program.

Please make resource information on planets include an actual number, either the amount of that resource per production order or a calculated amount produced per day per building at 100% efficiency. Asking about this sort of thing is one of the most frequent things I see new players ask and hardly a day goes by that we don’t direct someone to an external tool to learn this information.

Also making the bars represent the relative quality of that resource deposit to the minimum and maximum generation values for that particular resource would make comparing planets much easier. I know this is already calculated somewhere as when you search on the galaxy map you can see these relative value bars overlaid on the systems, but putting it on the planet itself instead of the current bars is a natural step to take if the actual number is next to it.

2 Likes

BRA is failing to repair my buildings even though I have enough materials.

I suspect BRA is incorrectly calculating, or using a cached calculation. However I closed and re-opened BRA two times and it’s calculation did now change. I then repaired all of them manually and apparently, I’m short 8 TRU somehow even though I always fly in with extra. Very strange situation I didn’t really document very well. I used FIO to calculate my repairs when I was loading my ship of materials, not BRA.

But at the very least, the above screen shot should indicate there is an error with the calculation it presents to you vs. what the reality actually is.

The notification which tells you an order is unable to be canceled from CXOS because there is insufficient inventory space broke during the last update.

The notification that states consumable supplies is running low should tell me what consumable is running low.

“RAT supplies at GC-645 - Vault are running low”

3 Likes