Some relatively simple changes to the game that I think would improve it a great deal. For these I tried to pick things that would have relatively little effect on the current universe and would be quite easy to implement.
- Remove beans only protein paste recipe, algae is required to make it. This is a huge beginner trap and victuallers would have a lot better starting experience if they couldn’t make a totally useless item.
- Change the default delivery time on buy/sell local market contracts to 1 day. With 3 days being the default, players have no idea if the person posting was lazy when they posted the ad or if they actually mean to deliver after 3 days. Making the 3 day timer meaningless.
- Do something about the current demand on the new player start screen. Way too many players are starting as metallurgists, victuallers, and carbon farmers. These jobs are way oversaturated in the current universe.
- Add additional STL fuel recipes that are not dependent on rare resources like GAL and AMM. The universe is over 100 days old now and still the only place producing GAL and AMM is Benten. There should be other options so that there’s less dependence on the mm for fuel. Here’s a couple ideas.
** A very weak O and H recipe that is only used when currency has depreciated heavily or if the mm buy price of SF is raised (to ~20).
*** REF: 4H + 2O >12 hours> 100 SF
** An improved O+H recipe that also uses hydrocarbon plants refined at the chemistry plant into methanol. Still not as good as GAL+AMM, but gives an option for places without access to either that’s good enough to get off the market maker for SF.
*** CHP: 6 HCP >9.6 hours> 3 methanol (new resource)
*** REF: 1 methanol + 2 O + 2 H >6.8 hours> 100 SF
- Raise drinking water market maker buy price to 100+. The only real reason that DW has a much lower price right now than RAT in Moria and Hortus is because RAT is harder to overproduce. Benten and Antares they’re almost the same. In terms of raw production costs, the two cost nearly the same to make on Promitor. Though on most other fertile worlds it’s much much more expensive to make DW. It would make a lot more sense for the DW market maker price to be either the same or more than the RAT mm price, but the current gap is especially silly and gives little economic reason to produce DW when the market is inflated in the majority of systems.