CUOP - Mid-term update

Where is the dislike this post button?

1 Like

just reply dislike?

like this

dislike

1 Like

Thanks. Tried that. Then then the prompt said I needed to have more than 20 chars to be able to post. So I did that. My other choice was to “heart” the post. That is not what I wished to do.

1 Like

Pencil this is total nonsense. Your argument comes down to: “There are things in this game that are tough to get. New players - you are single-celled organisms and must evolve slooowly. Don’t get ahead of yourself… we know better”.

This is a game where we buy and sell stuff, because we have - wait for it - evolved beyond barter systems and hunter-gatherer societies. CUOP is a mechanism that will allow our corporation to buy and sell more stuff by exercising a controlled market. It is how things like oil, music, and anything that needs is patentable gets developed in the real world.

Newer players: GDP doesn’t see you as single-celled sea life. Our goal is to help you advance your game more quickly by putting tough-to-get stuff on the exchanges at reasonable prices. All this other non-sense is just propaganda that doesn’t hold up. If accelerating your game sounds interesting, check us out on discord.

comrade, it seems like you missed the entire point of that statement, which tells people not to overextend themselves, and instead opt for something that won’t take as much resources, and will provide return much more quickly. I’m not telling you to evolve slowly, I’m telling you to plan ahead, and make decisions logically quickly.

Don’t try and strawman my arguments to further your agenda.

CUOP allows only CUOP to operate on copper planets and greatly restricts anyone with a base on said planets who are not CUOP. You even said it yourself, you allow your corporation to buy and sell more stuff in your controlled market. What happens to the others?

I think the only upsetting thing here, is that cuop could easily do what they wish to accomplish(low cx prices) without enacting crippling taxes. If cuop was willing to coexist with us, then we would be as well.

I wish for peace, but I am prepared for war.

To all the new players who don’t want to be single-cell/single base sea-life, my advice is to take shipping contracts, plan ahead, and never give up. We all have to start somewhere, and a unicellular sea creature is as good a start as any.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree with that completely. Building out the copper market is an insanely expensive undertaking without the ADMs and extra CMs. It is likely that we would have been successful in doing it without the tax/govt move because of the high capital costs. If we weren’t so close to the reset, big players in GDP might have gotten behind it anyway, like they did for the Ironforge project, without the cartel aspects of it.

Doing it through a controlled market is simply a business decision. It’s like if a country decides to invest 10’s of billions in building an oil pipeline and decides that they (a) want to engage in a price fixing scheme and (b) exert economic/governmental control over the country that the pipeline goes through. Did they need to install that puppet government in Kazakhstan? Probably not? Did it ensure that their pipeline wouldn’t be sold off our nationalized by someone else’s self-interest? Yes.

Hopefully that explains it? It’s like trying something that has 80% chance of success versus 95% chance of success. I think Prdgi said in one of his early posts - we wouldn’t have tried something like this if we weren’t so close to reset, because the longer it works, the bigger the industry gets and the more people use CUO, the more likely we lose the monopoly and go back to only that 80% chance of success.

What nice people. They went out of their way to build a monopoly so that they we could have high supply and low prices. I am sure that all this time, effort, and investment was all just help us out. Real generosity from good folks who really care about their community. I even heard they were giving away free beer and corndogs to celebrate their grand opening.

Sounds really good. Until you pull back the curtain. Production taxes are 9999 Nobody outside CUOP and GDP will ever produce a single unit of CUO. Nobody. Zero. We won’t even get the free beer. They can’t post it on the LM with LM fees at 9999. Nobody can pick up their free beer. You can’t get a WAR because they’re all rented at 9999/month. Kinda puts the lie to this bullshit about the good kindly production association. This is a locked down locked out fully closed monopoly.

Everybody associated with the cartel is so surprised at the anger, resentment and disappointment that they have encountered in reaction to their underhanded creations. Like, you had no idea that people were going to feel betrayed? I can assure everyone involved in perpetrating this debacle that you are only hearing just the beginnings of the real real anger and betrayal in our community. People who will never buy a unit of copper are angry. There are old players who are beyond angry. The feel betrayed. I can assure you that this will follow each of you personally for a long, long time. There are people who are trying to make you to coliq. There are people who want to drive you from the game. You only hear just the beginning of the resentment that can be expressed in polite company. There is more. Much more. You actions are in no way considered any form of entertainment. Memory is long. You will not be forgotten.

I hope that the members of GDP do not think for a moment that they are in any way insulated from the anger and resentment this situation has created. Oh, you’re probably surprised too. Well, suurprize! Anybody in the know is just as angry at you at they are at the cartel. You’re going to pay for this too. For a long, long time.

Then there are our developers, they consider themselves completely blameless when the truth is that they are actually just completely clueless. They have no idea of the anger and resentment, of the loss of trust and respect that their actions have created. They have no idea the anger that is directed at them or the depth of respect they have lost. And all this happens at the exact moment that they need our help. In the post mortem they will look back at this as the moment they lost this game. What they really lost was trust and respect.

Y’all might be economic geniuses. But you are all social idiots.

2 Likes
4 Likes

LOL Pridg, I appreciate that.

That would a sweet gesture… if it was just me.

You’re gonna need more than 25 tips to handle this one. More like 50-75.

1 Like

I don’t understand this line of “why are you surprised that we are angry”?

We are not. We knew that a few members of this community - let’s say, folks that aren’t exactly wallflowers, would carry on like this. I will say it is unfortunate to see newer members swept up in your crocodile tears. Your actions - specifically buying the SCN at our low prices and either stockpiling it or reposting it for 2k/u higher, speaks far louder than your words.

It also funds CUOP. Thanks for your investment, guys. Please keep it coming. We will keep prices low so that other players can participate in this economy too!

I also like how those prices you posted are higher than they were prior…

1 Like

You try to screw with our gameplay, dont be surprised we screw with your fake goals (also when is it changing? This one is getting boring)

You are only putting your true intentions on display. We are still profitable at this level. For those that would like to place buy orders at 3300, we will be filling these, and continuing to post sells until these two very vocal players get tired of funding the expansion of CUOP.

i wonder how long it’ll take? 100 years? 1000 years?

who knows…

if you want hms/scn from me all you need to do is ask, i will beat any price that cuop offers you, just ask SmartDog

this isn’t about money, it’s about egos

oh so its about the money now?

Changing the narrative again how cute

1 Like

Got any more HMS/SCN for me :wink:

1 Like

I’ll buy some from you and we can sell it back if you like?

1 Like

New CUOP pricing updates - wanted to get these out in advance of Ignition, so players can start to plan. As mentioned in the release notes, devs have shifted the formula for SCN, HMS, and possibly other high-tier consumables. This will make it possible to drive prices down even further in coming weeks, which is very exciting - especially as demand for Technicians increases.

• SCN now trading between 3200 and 3400 on the CXs, and we’d like to see SCN below 3000 by next weekend.
  • BCO up on Prom and Montem at 350/u
  • PCB production just started last week. We will work through the buys on the CX, and would be great to get down in the 2200 range. Please continue to post buys, it will give us a good sense of demand. Prom gets it first (sorry, SmartDog).
  • HMS production is now started. Perhaps all the controversy has helped spur sells, as pricing is more competitive already. We will start posting in small quantities in a few hours, and target price by end of week is 1600.

We are excited about all of the new interest in the copper industry. Feel free to reach out if you’d like to join one of our production chains - there are many opportunities for new and experienced players alike, find me in-game (comrade / COMM) or see GDP discord.

We are watching closely for a price crash due to anti-CUOP production, and we will make updates here as we can.

Congrats to anti-CUOP forces on their recent tactical efforts! Happy shipbuilding!

3 Likes

Output for tech consumables like HMS and SCN has almost doubled.
Why not half the price of these products?

So SCN and 1500 and HMS at 800.
With the new recipes you still make enough profit.
Drop the price!

2 Likes

Dang, I haven’t even had a chance to login and you guys are demanding change. <3

1 Like