Bugs and Improvements

Hello Mjeno!

Thanks for the response I switched to safari and it worked! So that seems to be a reasonable temporary fix.

1 Like

Hello,

Loving the game so far but I’ve noticed some very suspect behavior by some players who appear to be abusing the COLIQ function for economic gain. Seems like some kind of reasonable limit should be placed on COLIQ to dissuade these kinds of tactics. Maybe limit an account to 1 COLIQ/24 hours or something?

1 Like

Thanks @loutakki. we got several reports of people abusing the COLIQ feature. We will restrict it with one of the next updates.

2 Likes

I just discovered a bug with building efficiency calculation. I had a few production lines running that in total required more Pioneers than I had, all of their efficiencies lowered as expected. Then some of my production lines finished while others were still going, at this point I had enough Pioneers for my remaining production lines yet their efficiencies stayed at the lower level that they were at when I had more production lines running instead of recalculating their efficiency. It seems like production lines aren’t recalculating their efficiency ratings when other production lines finish.

This is by design! There is no idling workforce that could be assigned to different production lines, even if there are no orders running.

So my workforce is stuck in a production building even if it’s inactive? Or am I misunderstanding?

I have 2 farms and 2 incinerators. This requires a total of 180 Pioneers to run all 4 of them. I am only running 1 farm and 1 incinerator right now, requiring 90 Pioneers to do so. I have 100 Pioneers. Since my active production lines only require 90 Pioneers to run, I should be running at 100% efficiency (not counting other factors), as described in this post by Mjeno: https://com.prosperousuniverse.com/t/feature-backlog/513

Flexible workforce

Only workers in currently active buildings count towards the efficiency rating. This way, there’d be a distinction between “total workers needed when all Production Lines are active” and “workers needed for currently active Production Lines”. As long as a base has enough workers to operate all active Production Lines, Efficiency is at 100 %, even when running all Production Lines would require more workers than are available in the base. This could also apply to several buildings within the same Production Line, e.g. if only one out of two Smelters is running, efficiency is at 100 % even though it would be below 100 % if both were running. Players could also be given the possiblity to allocate workforce, e.g. by sending a maximum amount of workers to one building to max out its productivity, while others are running at lowered productivity.

That is correct. What Mjeno describes is still in the feature backlist, e.g. not implemented. Every production building is “consuming” workforce, even if currently not in use.

Ah, I see. Thanks! Is there a public roadmap of future features?

We have a public and very coarse roadmap on the website but it’s best to follow our weekly devlogs for more specific information.

and fun reading. I really do enjoy the logs.
(just don’t tell Mjeno)

1 Like

Possible new bug with the updated COLIQ system.
I had COLIQ’d before the new cooldown was added, but only setup a new company a couple of days ago.

I’ve spent the time looking at planets, markets, and researching what to do this time, but I did not do any trading, or set down a base.

While looking around, I thought I would take a peek at the new COLIQ buffer, but I get a continuous loading screen. I left it a day while continuing my research, but it’s still the same (checked on different computers too)

I have now dropped a base down to see if that changed anything, but nope, still perpetual loading screen.

So I’m thinking

1. An issue with my account b/c COLIQing before the new COLIQ cooldown and starting again after.
  2. The cooldown is in effect, but not displaying a message to let people know.
  3. or one of 1000 other things that can happen in code, b/c the debugging gremlins do like to mess with developers

Anyway, here’s a screenshot

COLIQ

Oh dear. Thanks for reporting this bug, I’m sure @molp will figure it out quickly. :slightly_smiling_face: We’ll let you know if we need more info and of course when the problem is resolved. Hang in there!

Fwiw, I have this too and it’s been about 3 weeks since my last COLIQ. I’ve heard a few others mention it a day or two ago - some were experiencing it while for others the normal coliq window loaded just fine (including one person who was currently on the new cooldown).

According to https://handbook.apex.prosperousuniverse.com/wiki/building-costs/ , MCG is only required for rocky planets. MCG is not required for gaseous planets.

In game, when attempting to found a colony on a gaseous planet, MCG is listed as a construction requirement.

Gaseous%20planet%20requires%20MCG

2 Likes

The COLIQ issue should be resolved now. Can you please try again @PeterTaylorTX?

2 Likes

Hey @molp
I can confirm that it is now working normally.
Thanks

2 Likes

I believe I have a bug in my APEX. The Pioneer satisfaction is 22%. It says they are missing basic rations. But I have 25 basic rations in stock.

There seems to be a new bug, first seen yesterday evening.
After finishing a production, the finished items are not transfered to the inventory, but rather keep on blocking a production slot, telling when it had finished (e.g. “2 hours ago”). It seems, that it continous as normal, as soon as there is some interaction, like a trade at the commodity exchange.

Talked to a friend earlier today and he has the same problem. Another player replied in the chat that he recently had this problem, too.

Just in case:
Windowos 10
Firefox 65.0.1

PU%20production%20hold

Sorry to post again regarding the same topic, but I just want to add that this is a serious problem for me (and most likely for others, too). I have to permanently check the production and put in an order (or maybe do some other interaction, haven’t found out this) just to get the finished products be delivered to the inventory and to continue with the production. Otherwise my production would come to a complete stop.

Have the same problem as crest.

Screenshot_1